It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
(male)

abcdef81 HB User
Smelly Odor

What is the cause of such a smelly odor? My ex-gf wants to get back together and I am having second thoughts b/c of this. I never wanted to do oral sex b/c she always smelled down there. Is it something that can be cured like a bacterial infection? Or can it be a virus or something that will always smell no matter what? Can some women just have naturally bad smelling vulvas?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-27-2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Disguising vulgar terms is not allowed. Unnecessary comment removed.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
(female)

frankiesmom HB User
Re: Smelly Odor

If it's foul or fishy, yes it's bacterial. Antibiotics will take care of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
(female)

nasty1ne HB User

I noticed that everytime when my ex-bf would perform oral sex on me, I would get the bacterial infection. At the time, I was taking birth control pills. I refuse to do oral sex because bacteria in the mouth doesn't belong down there. The bacteria in the mouth is so strong that it can give a woman infection because it changes the chemical make-up down there.

So, have your ex-gf treated. She needs to take antibiotics, either orally or vaginally. Cleocin worked for me. It is a intravaginal cream- to be used for 7 days.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
(male)

abcdef81 HB User

here's the thing though. i was with her for 6 months and for the whole 6 months it always smelled like that. would she have a bacterial infection that last that long without her knowing about it? i never said anything cause I didn't want to make her feel bad. can it be that some women just naturally have bad smelling private parts? what about cysts? anyone know if this can be a side effect from cysts on the ovaries because i know she had that.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
(female)

Leaf80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdef81 View Post
here's the thing though. i was with her for 6 months and for the whole 6 months it always smelled like that. would she have a bacterial infection that last that long without her knowing about it? i never said anything cause I didn't want to make her feel bad. can it be that some women just naturally have bad smelling private parts? what about cysts? anyone know if this can be a side effect from cysts on the ovaries because i know she had that.
I really doubt having cysts would cause a foul smell on her genitals.

Yeah, she could have a bacterial infection without knowing it.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Some women are just very prone to infections and she may be that way. I agree that if it's fishy smelling, it's probably bacterial vaginosis. Maybe she doesn't realize she has a scent. It could also be poor hygiene. Some women may get a bit sweaty and may not wash themselves in this area. It's good NOT to douche or anything, but it's a good idea to wash the outside with a gentle soap. If she wears underwear NOT made of cotton, you can also trap in sweat and odor that way too and some people get infections since there isn't as much air flowing through the fabric.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
(male)

abcdef81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
Some women are just very prone to infections and she may be that way. I agree that if it's fishy smelling, it's probably bacterial vaginosis. Maybe she doesn't realize she has a scent. It could also be poor hygiene. Some women may get a bit sweaty and may not wash themselves in this area. It's good NOT to douche or anything, but it's a good idea to wash the outside with a gentle soap. If she wears underwear NOT made of cotton, you can also trap in sweat and odor that way too and some people get infections since there isn't as much air flowing through the fabric.
so is it a definite bacterial infection? or could it be a virus? if it would be a virus she would smell like that forever. do viruses smell like that too?

Old 01-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
(male)

abcdef81 HB User

could a yeast infection give a foul smell? i know i've heard her say she's had a yeast infection before. but, would it last for 6 months or keep coming back even if she's seen the doctor? does that make any sense?

Old 01-31-2008, 04:41 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Boydawg HB User

Quote:
could a yeast infection give a foul smell? i know i've heard her say she's had a yeast infection before. but, would it last for 6 months or keep coming back even if she's seen the doctor? does that make any sense?
There are women who do not smell good period. I dated one for a long time, there was nothing wrong with her, no infection, she was clean. She could soak in a tub full of alcohol and peroxide for two hours and ten minutes later it still smelled like fish. I knew her for a long time and I am positive there was nothing wrong with her.
The girl was stunning, beautiful from head to toe, but she smelled awful.
I've known other girls who could go several days without a shower and still smell better.
All of them smell a little different, some better than others, but she was the only one I've met who just plain stunk.
Too bad, my God she was good looking..........

Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I don't know anything about viral infections... I know things like herpes are viral, but I don't know of any that can cause a scent. Just bacterial vaginosis, but it's not DEFINITELY that. The only way would be for her to find out at the doctor.

Yeast infections can have a scent. It's usually bread-like or even beer-like. Not everybody notices a scent though. Yeast infections can come and go for a long time, especially if not treated. If she ever has any itching or discharge, it can definitely be a yeast infection.

I agree that some people have a scent more than others. I have heard of people who just have a scent on them, not even just on their private areas. I guess there isn't too much to do about it. I'd say if it's really turning you off about this person, maybe it just isn't meant to be. I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but if it's always like that, would you still want to be with her?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #11
(male)

abcdef81 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
I don't know anything about viral infections... I know things like herpes are viral, but I don't know of any that can cause a scent. Just bacterial vaginosis, but it's not DEFINITELY that. The only way would be for her to find out at the doctor.

Yeast infections can have a scent. It's usually bread-like or even beer-like. Not everybody notices a scent though. Yeast infections can come and go for a long time, especially if not treated. If she ever has any itching or discharge, it can definitely be a yeast infection.

I agree that some people have a scent more than others. I have heard of people who just have a scent on them, not even just on their private areas. I guess there isn't too much to do about it. I'd say if it's really turning you off about this person, maybe it just isn't meant to be. I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but if it's always like that, would you still want to be with her?
well put it this way, it's bad enough where i cannot see myself giving her oral. and she seems like one of them girls who cant orgasm from anything but that. so, we going to have a messed up sex life if we stay together.

i never noticed anything like a discharge. i mean she would get wet, really wet like a bit more than normal down there when we were messing around, but i dunno if that would be considered a discharge.

Last edited by abcdef81; 02-02-2008 at 10:55 PM.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Quote:
What is the cause of such a smelly odor? My ex-gf wants to get back together and I am having second thoughts b/c of this. I never wanted to do oral sex b/c she always smelled down there. Is it something that can be cured like a bacterial infection? Or can it be a virus or something that will always smell no matter what? Can some women just have naturally bad smelling vulvas?
A healthy vagina does not have a bad scent to it. Scents can be mild to a bit more strong, but it should not be called bad if there is no infection- sometimes if you sweat or do not shower regular, it may become not so nice. But you can freshen up.That should help.
Maybe your sense of smell is just turned off... Everyone has their own opinions of what smells good or bad.

Closed Thread