It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
(female)

ladyt24 HB User
What is a normal sized vagina?

Recently I have been a little concerned because I feel like the lips of my vagina are expanding. Even my sweetheart has noticed it, and loves it. He keeps telling me that he has never been with a woman with such a big one and it really turns him on. However, from a medical stand point I am concerned simply because I wonder is it normal for the vagina to expand in size with age. I have never had children which is something that I know causes your vagina to stretch. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me? Is it normal for the vagina to strech with age? Is this normal whith weight gain? Can anyone offer any insight on this subject?

Last edited by ladyt24; 02-09-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: What is a normal sized vagina?

Are you mainly talking about the vaginal lips or also the rest of the vagina? I think it's normal for the lips to maybe get a little longer if you are sexually active. The vagina itself may stretch a little, but it shouldn't too much without having children. Of course there is a difference from before you ever had sex, but the vagina is very elastic and shouldn't stretch out too much. If you are concerned, you can always do kegel exercises to tighten up. About the lips, they can really vary in size. Some people's don't really show much and others have the inner lips hanging out farther than the rest. There is no NORMAL amount and it really does range. It's nothing to worry about... and obviously your guy doesn't mind! The only time to worry is if it's causing you a lot of discomfort and chafing. If this is the cause, it's best to wear cotton underwear and if it gets really bad they have surgery for this, but if it isn't causing you any pain, I wouldn't worry about it at all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
(female)

ladyt24 HB User

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. It is mainly the lips that are expanding not the inside. It just seems odd to me. I probably have over analyzed this to the T. lol.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I've heard of people seeing this has happened to them, so it sounds normal to me! I also think with age it kind of happens... like of course as a virgin you will look different.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyt24 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. It is mainly the lips that are expanding not the inside. It just seems odd to me. I probably have over analyzed this to the T. lol.
This is a great question! I think many of us women wonder if our labia is normal looking. I think that as we do get older, the inner labia do get bigger than the outer labia. As we become sexual, this area does seem to change. I think it is far more normal for the inner lips to hang past the outer.... I too have wondered this but over time realize it is completely normal. So, do not worry. Your guy needs to understand that the female body parts are different from person to person. It is not odd.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
(female)

PinkNBlondePunk HB User

I have actually read the range of sizes in vaginas (in inches) varies more than the range of sizes of penises. Isn't that an amazing fact?

You seem fine-- there's no problem whatsoever.. our bodies change shape as we grow older and that includes our vaginas!

Old 03-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
(female)

ladyt24 HB User
Wink Re: What is a normal sized vagina?

Thank you for all of the information ladies! I feel much better and I don't think I have anything to worry about!

Closed Thread