It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
(female)

alreadyleftown HB User
Pain/Nausea after Orgasm

I had surgery to remove a ovarian cyst. The entire ovary was removed along with the cyst.

Since then, whenever I have an orgasm, I feel fine for a few hours, and then get a painful stomachache, sort of a mix between nausea and feeling hungry. I feel nauseous and have an upset stomach for the next 24 hours or so. It's been so bad that I now avoid all sexual situations.

My gynecologist brushed it off, saying I probably felt guilty for experiencing an orgasm. But this never happened before the surgery.

All my ultrasounds have been normal. I am in my early twenties, a virgin, and on the Pill. This has been going on for two years, ever since I had the surgery.

I've seen fleeting mentions of this problem all over the internet, but no one has seemed to come up with a solid answer. Could this be endometriosis or fibroids resulting from the surgery? Is there any sort of medicine that I could take to decrease whatever is causing this situation?

Last edited by alreadyleftown; 02-25-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User
Re: Pain/Nausea after Orgasm

Hi,

Endometriosis and fibroids would not be the result of surgery. However, adhesions from surgery are quite possible. This occurs when scar tissue forms where the tissue was cauterized during surgery (after they cut, they have to cauterize or you would bleed internally) and the scar tissue may "stick" to something else in that area (usually the bowel, the uterus or the bladder in your case). Adhesions are rather difficult to see with ultrasound and they usually only see these when they go in to do further surgery. Perhaps you have adhesions that cause discomfort when you experience the muscle contractions that occur during orgasm. Why don't you try something: since the discomfort does not occur immediately after orgasm or during, why not use a heating pad after you climax in order to relax the muscles in that area. Take a warm bath will also do the same thing. The other thing you can try is to take a couple of Advil or Motrin afterwards and this will help prevent any future pain.

Of course another thing that can be causing nausea etc.. might be the pill that you are taking. How long have you been on the pill ? Oral contraceptives are known to cause discomfort and nausea, especially within the first year. You may need a change of OC in order to regulate this.

Just a few suggestions that you might want to try. Good luck to you and enjoy having whoopie if at all possible. It is one of the few pleasures in life and should not be sacrificed (for your sake and your significant other's).

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
(female)

alreadyleftown HB User
Re: Pain/Nausea after Orgasm

Thanks so much for your reply. I hope I can get some relief. My doctor said there is no cure for adhesions and that the best I can do is treat the symptoms. It's really disheartening, but all I can do is to think positively and hope a solution comes along.

Closed Thread