It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User
bleeding after orgasm

i see there are a lot of threads on here about bleeding after sex, but what about specifically after orgasm? it doesnt appear to be a tear or cut or anything in there that is bleeding, but recently (only the last few weeks) after orgasm, about a minute later i get a good amount of very red, very wet blood...nothing like period blood - much redder....i dont have periods because im on depo provera and i dont think its the depo causing this because ive been on it 5 years and never had this before...any ideas??

Old 03-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User
Re: bleeding after orgasm

The only idea I have is please go see your Dr to make sure everything is alright.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
(female)

hydrapole HB User

I was on Depo for a number of years and had that exact same issue, a fair bit of bright blood after each time I had an orgasm.

It took a while, but it developed to basically bleeding all the time.. like having a period constantly(not good), but I talked to the Doc. He determined it wasn't a vaginal wall issue, but more or less that the uterus contracts so much during an orgasm, that it was like a mini-period each time(not cool). So he tried me on the Nuvaring(which was pretty new at the time still), and pretty well as soon as the depo was out of my system(took a month or two.. as it is an injection-type, but some people it can be 6 month to 2 years) things were great again.

I had a number of other problems with Depo, and I put up with the bleeding thing for a while, but I should have gone and got the Ring a lot sooner(it is also good cause it is a once a month thing that you don't really have to remember, cause I forget pills like crazy)

Old 04-06-2008, 04:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

thanks for the responses. hydrapole - did this happen to you from the time you started depo?? or several years into taking the depo? thats the part i dont get is why now all of a sudden this is happening when ive been on depo for 5 years and never had this issue.

Closed Thread