It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User
sex and your period

Hi all,
ok quick question.. Can the act of safe sex delay a period..Iíve had this happen me a few times now..Iíd have a regular period then Iíve have sex with a new bf and then Iíd get no period. It happened with my last bf..regular period, meet him, had sex for the first time then nothing for 2 months, wat a scare, even though we knew we where being careful. It happened with my first bf mid-way through, period just stopped.. I wasnít pregnant, was having safe sex but it seemed that the act of sex suddenly stopped my period..Iíd get all the signs and symptoms and then nothing.
Last week I had sex, for the first time since my ex and Iíve since not had my period. I got all the signs and symptoms then no period!! He where careful and the condom was fine. But it made me make a link between sex for the first time with someone and no period..
Any thoughts

Old 06-02-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User
Re: sex and your period

eh...anyone!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Lots of things can disrupt the menstrual cycle, including stress. Taking a new partner could certainly cause emotional and hormonal changes. So, it's possible.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dancergal19 HB User

i agree with janewhite, it's probably stress and hormone changes.. the physical act of sex itself will not delay your period

Old 06-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User

ok, thanks. i acutally ended up getting it today.. just thought it wa strange that it wasn't the first time this has happened..
thanks

Old 06-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
(female)

szqsk8 HB User

I have always found that sex starts my period sooner. If I am close to starting and want to get it started because of some event coming up I tell my husband "it's time to do the deed" and he happily complies. This has saved me more than once.

Closed Thread