It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
(male)

GregW200 HB User
21 and a Virgin??!?? Is this weird?

Ladies, I am looking for your opinion on something...

I am a 21 year old male. I am attractive and in fairly good shape. I am a virgin! And it's not because I am religious. Do you think this is weird? If you found out that a guy you were interested in was 21 and a virgin, would that wierd you out?
Here's my reason behind it.

I didnt hit puberty by the time I was 17. I was put on testosterone to kick puberty into gear. I eventually hit puberty and developed a "normal" size genitalia by the time I was 18-19. By the time I had developed, everyone I knew had already had sex and I felt VERY self concious about the fact that I hadn't. So up until this point, I have been too nervous to have sex. About a year ago, I decided I am not going to be nervous about but have still not found anyone and therefore am still a virgin. My 22nd b-day is coming up and I feel like I am on the road to becoming the next 40-year old virgin!!

Let me know your opinions. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to GregW200 For This Useful Post:
DumbCurious91 (06-14-2012)
Old 06-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jasmine26 HB User
Re: 21 and a Virgin??!?? Is this weird?

I don't think its weird!

What I feel that someone should not have sex just for having sex or letting others (friends) know his/ her potential...just because your all friends had sex n so you should have sex, this is not good and appropriate according to me. I lost my virginity at the age of 25, after I got married. I was pretty sure to wait for someone special and I never wanted to linger with anybody just for having sex. I never liked the idea of running (with friends) in the race for having sex.

Think what you like, what you want...it should not bother you what others think whether you had sex or not. According to me, sex is the love which I want to share with the only person I love (my hubby) and I am very happy with this.

People in this world have different opinion and they are going to comment (positive as well as negative) on whatever you do...this you have to decide what is your choice and once you are sure in your way...what others think/ comment should not bother you.

Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
(female)

eavabug HB User

Okay this is bad coming out of my mouth but I would let girls know that you are a virgin and that your waiting for marriage and the right woman to come along before you have sex. Girls will either think that this is super sweet or they will see it as a conquest and try and jump your bones. Either way its a win win situation for you.

Last edited by eavabug; 06-11-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree that there is nothing wrong with this! If I had to choose between a very experienced guy and a virgin, I'd pick the virgin. STD's are becoming more and more common. A third of women have HPV already! My guy and I have only been with each other, but if I weren't with him, I'd be scared of who had STD's since many people with them don't even know! Some people just sleep with SO many people, so I'd worry that they caught something. Plus, some people that are experienced get caught up in what they did in the past. A virgin will probably be more open to trying something that the other person likes. Don't feel bad about it at all! Many girls I know WISH their guys had been with less people before them or like the fact they were virgins or only been with a couple people.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
(male)

NJtoMaine HB User

Hey I'm 22 and still a virgin. I just was too depressed to try and find a women. Then when I snapped out of my depression somewhat, and wanted to find a girl, I unfortunately found a girl with HPV...so I didn't have sex or anything and quickly cut the chain. Thats my luck hah. Hopefully ill find one I like soon...cause I'm getting antsy.

I sometimes too feel like Ill be that 40 y/o virgin your talking about. But then I realize how much I cant stand being single right now, and figure that'll change soon. Just need to find a girl.

So don't be down man, your not the only one out there, and I'm sure theres plenty others on the same boat. I know a few people who I don't think ever had sex either (19 - 21 y/o), i'm not sure, but I doubt it lol.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User

Not weird at all, weirder would be to go out and have sex for the sake of it because you feel its what you have to do. If circumstances haven't got you to that point yet then who cares? It's a lot more common than the people who've already done it would have you believe, and most of the time the people who did it just to have done it regret it anyway.
I think having sex for the first time should be when you feels it's the right time with the right person, some people find it happens younger than others.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
(female)

penny96 HB User

Don't worry, I was a virgin until 25 when I got married. While my husband and I were dating we did have oral sex but never intercourse. Some say should "test drive your car before you buy it", but if there's an accident and you're forced to get married most likely you won't be happy.
If your friends are teasing you, ignore them they're just trying to get a reaction from you and if you don't react you ruin their fun.

Penny

Old 06-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
(female)

tbald1977 HB User

I was a virgin until I lost it when I was 27. I feel that it is better to wait until you are older. I'm glad I waited.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
(female)

mishell1986 HB User

some woman have a thing for male virgins, they feel good that they are the first girl the guy has sex with, and knowing he'll always remember her, i have a male friend who is 25 and still a virgin, it's normal to be a virgin at your age just a little uncommn.

Closed Thread