It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

Nanchelle30 HB User
Excessive Bleeding During Sex

I have severe vaginal bleeding during sex; so bad that it gets everywhere. I went to the doctor and I was tested for STDs and I was negative. I got my usual pap and it was normal. However during my exam the doctor noticed ‘spots’ on my cervix and she was able to show me with a mirror. If I would have to choose if they looked like blisters or lesions, I would say lesions. I do not have any sores on the outside, the spots are just on the inside. There is no puss, no vaginal discharge, and no odor. I have always had pain during sex and I have problems getting self-lubricated. I have had endometriosis in the past, but this type of thing was not involved. I do not have any itching or pain during urination. I am just frustrated and I want to figure out what is wrong with me. It is affecting my self esteem and my relationship.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Excessive Bleeding During Sex

Did your doctor do an HPV/dna test? If not, ask for one.

Has your doctor done a colposcopy on you yet? If not, ask her about one. While you are at it, ask about having an ECC (endocervical curettage) done. The colposcopy looks at the exocervix (which that sounds like where your lesions are). The ECC scrapes the endocervical canal (like the hole of a donut) where the colposcope can't see.

If you aren't satisfied with what this doctor says, get a second opinion. It is your health. I hope you get some good answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
(female)

Nanchelle30 HB User

I did want to say that I went back to the doctor and the sores are actually on my vaginal wall. I had another blood test done to see if I had some other STDs and again all of the tests were negative. I had a endometrial biopsy completed and I am waiting on the results. This post is just to see if anyone else has had this type of situation.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I haven't had what you described, but thought i'd add that when they do STD testing they don't often routinely do a herpes test. You actually need to specifically ask for this test. If you have recently been infected by the herpes virus a blood test will show as a false negative if you have the test done in less than 6 - 8 weeks from when you were first infected.

Herpes can turn up as small red sores without blisters or with blisters, it can be just small lesions or as a simple red rash or no visible symptoms at all. Some herpes outbreaks will cause either pain, itching or stinging or a combination of all 3, while some people experience no feeling at all.

Sometimes sores or lesions can be swabbed and cultured to determine whether it is herpes or not and if it is, is it type 1 or type 2.

I'm not aware of anything else which would cause lesions inside the vaginal wall.

As for the bleeding after sex i'm not sure precisely what would cause that, but i do know every single time i go for a pap smear they ask whether i am sexually active and whether i bleed after sex. I have heard that HPV can be responsible and some women also have what is called a 'friable' cervix. This is when the tissue on the cervix is so thin and if it is bumped or touched it leads to bleeding.

I have big problems trying to get a pap smear as mine bleeds instantly when they scrape it for the smear and it ruins the test. During sex i dont suffer bleeding, which is a bit odd.

I hope you get good results from the biopsy. It's always scary waiting for test results from anything 'down below'.

Last edited by Audrey-B; 07-22-2008 at 04:33 AM.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
(female)

Nanchelle30 HB User

The endometrial biopsy came back completely normal. My doctor suggested freezing my cervix. Has anyone had this procedure? How does it work?

Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Glad you got normal results, but i'm not familiar with the particular procedure you mentioned. Maybe if you post it as a new thread you will get a lot more feedback. Good luck

Closed Thread