It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

jaynese1976 HB User
why is my vigina dry

why is my vigina dry

Old 11-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

roseratlarge HB User
Re: why is my vigina dry

How old are you?

Is the dryness a new event?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
(female)

dietgeek HB User
Re: why is my vigina dry

Your vagina may be dry for several reasons. If you are perimenopausal or menopausal, it may be from a lack of estrogen. If you have had surgical removal of your ovaries, you are postmenopausal and by default, have no estrogen (unless you are taking estrogen). Other things that can cause this are cough syrups and decongestants, birth control pills, some medications, lack of desire to have intercouse, stress in a relationship, depression, stress and overworded, not enough time for "you" All of these things can happen. What can eventually happen is that the vagina can get so dry that you can actually start to have urgency and frequency of urination because of the relationship of the bladder neck and the vagina. Use lots of lubrication because if intercourse hurts then it will become a viscious cycle and the pain will further inhibit libido and then lubrication. Prior surgery of the vagina and childbirth trauma can lead to vaginal dryness. I would try some topical lubricants like replens or even olive oil may help. Some women might need topical estrogen therapy but this is a personal decision. Thanks for reading.

Closed Thread