It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
(female)

arosecrans1209 HB User
Vaginal "cuts"

For the last couple months I have been randomly getting these "cuts" at the top of my vagina. They show up and stick around for a couple days, then heal and go away. I have also had some itching during these months as well, but haven't showed any signs of herpes or anything like that. My only odd symptom is the cuts. From the research I've done it seems they can arrive because of dryness, but needless to say Im still worried it could be something serious.

Any ideas?

Old 01-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Oceanus HB User
Re: Vaginal "cuts"

You actually do have symptoms of herpes. Again, it could be something else, but herpes does cause cut-like sores and itchiness. You should get checked out for STDs and make sure to ask for a type specific blood test for herpes, as herpes is not included in standard STD panels. You have to ask for it specifically. If you have a fresh cut (less than 48 hrs old) they can culture a swab of it. Herpes pictures on the net are the most severe cases of it. But for most people the symptoms are very mild and that is why most people who have it don't even know it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

It definitely doesn't have to be herpes. Another common cause can be a very mild yeast infection, which would also cause the itching (you don't have to have any discharge). Are you sexually active? Friction from sex can also cause little cuts/tears. If you don't think it's from sex, it is likely either from dryness or from a mild yeast infection. Yeast infections can be easily treated with a treatment, and for dryness, try a tiny dab of lubricant on the irritated area. It will help the skin not get so dry to where it breaks. You can also use a gentle unscented lotion on exterior areas.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
(female)

NCUS4 HB User

You say you have itchiness as well. Could it be that you itch so therefore you scratch. You could be scratching while you sleep therefore scratching harder. My husband says I do this. Very strange. I wish I would not do this. I thought of tieing my hands togather while I slept. I am afraid this might cause a whole nother set of problems. Ha
Hope this helps.

Closed Thread