It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
(female)

heymamawolf HB User
Red face Painful sores on labia?

I am a monogamous woman with an STD-free partner. I've only been with one partner before, and neither of us have ever experienced STD-like symptoms.

I currently have a bad case of the flu, along with my period and oral cankersores. I'm concerned about these two or three small, pin-head sized, white bumps on my left minor labia. They look like pimples, are extremely painful to the touch, and they burn when they come into contact with urine. What are these, and how can I treat them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by heymamawolf; 02-11-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
(female)

hystersurvivor HB User
Re: Painful sores on labia?

Oral sex can spread herpes. I hope for your case this is not what it is. For example if your mate kissed your sore mouth, then had oral sex, he might spread that virus to your labia.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dancergal19 HB User

Cankersores are not the same thing as oral herpes. From what I've read about herpes, they usually manifest as red bumps.

I had a white bump in the same area and freaked out and went to the doctor. She said it was nothing to worry about. I can't remember exactly what she referred to it as but when I asked if it could be due to working out, sweating and not showering afterwards, she said yes. So basically, it's like a zit (or clogged pore). She said sometimes they go away and sometimes they stay and can be removed by a Dr.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

If it's definitely not cold sores on the mouth (which can be spread, as mentioned), I'd also lean more towards clogged pores, aka whiteheads. Blocked pores can be pretty painful in a bad area. It could also be an ingrown hair, especially if you shave or wax. These can be common on the outer labia, but if this is happening on the inner area, I'd check with your doctor to make sure.

Closed Thread