It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

wishuwish HB User
semen drops out after intercourse - MN

I'm trying to become pregnant second time, but everytime i have sex with my husband, the siemen comes out when he ejaculates and comes out of my vagina.? Not sure whether its the reason why i'm unable to become pregnant sooner? Bcos when i pee in the morning, i see all the white part(siemen) coming out , that makes me upset that everything is out again !!! It hasnt reached where it should have been.
I tried with proping up my bottom but then no luck. Please help how many hrs should i stay back on my back after intercourse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: siemen drops out after intercourse - MN

Not all of the semen is going to get through. Whatever hasn't made it up into the cervix after a few hours, I would think, is probably already dead. The vagina is a very hostile place for sperm cells.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
(male)

tossthepickle HB User

Can anyone provide a better answer? I mean, I appreciate your answer magnetic but my wife and I experience the same problem. We have been trying to get prego for quite some time now with no luck.....

It seems that ALL of my semen leaks out after intercourse. Sometimes if she lays still long enough it isn't so bad but generally it is as if it all comes out. Please don't mistake this next statment as bragging but I know I penetrate deep enough and I know I have a decent "release" so what else could be the problem and is there anything she could do to assist with the issue?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: semen drops out after intercourse - MN

The vagina is not going to hold the semen in there. It isnt designed that way. What doesnt make it past the cervix is useless and hence leaks out. You would be surprised how much actually does stay in and works it way to where it is suppose to go.
Read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. Great book for those ttc and even for those just wanting to learn more about the female body and cycle.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 04-07-2009, 04:11 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

herbsmaster HB User

Ten minutes with a pillow under you is long enough. Pregnancy, assuming neither of you have fertility problems, is about timing. You ovulate mid-cycle and the egg lives for a day. Sperm can live for a few days, but vaginal acid destroys them, so don't count on them living that long. There are plenty of ways of checking for ovulation ( temperature, mucus, etc.) so having sex within 24 hours of that gives your best chance. I assume both of you eating well and taking supplements?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
(female)

dani452 HB User

me and my fiance are trying to conceive. honestly the semen comes out when it it allowed to get out....meaning it comes out mostly when the woman is on top...i have noticed this...have your husband on top of you. during sex even have a pillow or two under your butt. and when he ejaculates inside of you...put your legs up and hold them on the head board or the wall or whatever you have that is straight....stay in this position for about 15 to 30 minutes. and check randomly to make sure that the semen is not coming out of the vagina......

Old 06-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #7
(female)

Faruazza HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishuwish View Post
I'm trying to become pregnant second time, but everytime i have sex with my husband, the siemen comes out when he ejaculates and comes out of my vagina.? Not sure whether its the reason why i'm unable to become pregnant sooner? Bcos when i pee in the morning, i see all the white part(siemen) coming out , that makes me upset that everything is out again !!! It hasnt reached where it should have been.
I tried with proping up my bottom but then no luck. Please help how many hrs should i stay back on my back after intercourse.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #8
(male)

calmbloke HB User

I think it's important not to get too neurotic about trying to get pregnant. Firstly, it's perfectly normal for semen to come back out - after all, it can't ALL stay in there!

Secondly, only a small fraction of semen is actually sperm cells so most of it running back out really doesn't matter, because thirdly, when a woman orgasms the head of the cervix moves with muscular contractions and can help to coat the head of the cervix in semen. It doesn't need bathing in semen for 15 minutes - sperm cells will make their way to where they need to be without needing the rest of the seminal fluid to accompany them

Mellow out and don't worry about laying in daft positions.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #9
(female)

jana83 HB User

I agree that not all semen can and will stay in. It's not even supposed to, only the best "swimmers" and the best "shot" make it LOL. That's how we're designed. If you feel that it might help, you can by all means lay in daft positions, as humorously put by calmbloke it can't hurt, but to worry about some semen coming out...I'd be more worried if it all stayed in. It would probably get infected. So please don't try to keep the semen in at all costs for as long as possible, it's really not necessary.

Closed Thread