It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

nilya9 HB User
Exclamation Bleeding after intercourse..what could it be?

My boyfriend and i have been sexually active for a little over 2 months. We have a healthy sex life, practising on average 3 times a week. On most occasions we are unprotected (and as highly unrecommended and condemned it is), we rely on withdrawal to prevent pregnancy.

Im his first sexual partner however i have had a few before him, but im clear of STI's (i've been checked).

I went to the toilet a few hours after a lengthy session the other day, and bright red (fresh looking) blood was present!

Penetration was very deep and i could feel his member basically hitting my cervix (or something that felt very similar!)

Could this be the cause of my bleeding?
I've experienced this twice before, where blood had been present for 1-3 days after sex when penetration was fairly deep.

Im very concerned and am a slight hyperchondriac so a myriad of disastrous possibilities have crossed my mind!

What else could it be?

Any opinions or answers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Old 04-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Bleeding after intercourse..what could it be?

If you've been checked for disease and ruled everything out, it's probably cervicitis. I have it chronically, and basically my cervix is inflammed and bleeds when I have deep intercourse. I've had this for years according to my doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
(female)

nilya9 HB User

Thank you!

If it is cervicitis;
Is it restricting at all? And do i need to take any special precautions or such..?

Also, is it safe to have sex whilst bleeding is present?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:28 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

herbsmaster HB User

Tell your boyfriend he's being too rough. Not so deep, not so hard.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

You're welcome, Nilya!

The only restriction I find with it is it's annoying. I have a short cycle anyway, so any sort of bleeding/spotting mid-cycle is just a bummer for me. I'm pushing 40 and this has never even caused me a bad pap smear result.

My gynecologist did say if I found it to be too frustrating or annoying, he can do a cryosurgery that would freeze off the inflamed portion of the cervix, but I don't know that I'd want to do that. He also said it's no guarantee that the newly exposed cervical tissue wouldn't have this problem down the road.

I basically just follow the advice Herbsmaster gave: Take things a little slower and not as deep. Take breaks or do other things -- not just intercourse, intercourse, intercourse. I also find that my "sensitivity" to bleeding sometimes depends on where I am in my cycle. When I'm ovulating, if we have sex a few days in a row, I'll end up with spotting/light bleeding. Not so much in the end of my cycle, tho.

Anyway, try not to stress out. Bring it up at your next annual and see what advice your doctor gives you. This is the first doctor I've ever had that even offered some kind of procedure that might help it.

Good luck

Closed Thread