It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
(female)

eltwins HB User
Keep splitting during sex

Whenever my husband enters me ( he is not rough in any way) I split. There is a piece of skin between vagina opening and anus, which is like the skin at the base of your thumb if you open your hand out and look on the palm side. Like connective skin that runs from one side to the other.

Well it is this bit that slpits and then it is sore and painful, especially when I have a wee.

We have tried obstaining from intercourse for a few months and then when we do it again it splits.

I do not know what to do.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
(female)

GuardianEarth HB User
Re: Keep splitting during sex

I can't offer any help really(sorry) but I have have had the same problem. I have to watch what position I take becasue any pressure that is too low causes my skin to split and it hurts for like a month before it heals.
I feel your pain quite literally. Going to the bathroom is excruciating when it happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

The peritineum, the area between vagina and anus, is where women get the cut called an episiotomy during childbirth. It is also the area which, along with the vaginal walls, gets thinner and less resilient as you get older.

You did not mention your age or history of childbirths. I am 70 and that area is so sore that I am having it repaired on Monday as part of a surgery for rectocele, which is another late effect of havng had three large babies many years ago.

In my case the area you speak of tears and bleeds even during a bowel movement. I will be happy after the surgery, when everything has healed. It will strengthen it as well as the vagina itself.

If you are an older lady too, and have had vaginal births, this may be your problem too.

Or, if you had a recent childbirth with episiotomy, and that scar has never properly healed, that can be causing this pain and tearing. In any case, your gynecologist is the one to visit and ask. They have seen it all before and know exactly what to do.

Good luck!

Martha

Old 06-11-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

I was told by my dr that I got a cyst from being stitched up wrong after childbirth.Does it help if your wet enough? My hubby tries to stay higher and that helps now it dont happen too much.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
(female)

eltwins HB User

Thanks.

I am 43 and had three children (singleton then twins) but all were caesareans, so have never tornor been cut there.

The area just behind it is white and thin looking. But it is not this bit that tears but the bit of skin that goes across, like between your thumb and forefinger.

Sorry to be graphic, but if my husband is on top and I keep my leg straight that seems to be fine, but as soon as I widen my legs, that is when the problems start! Any other position also causes it to split.

When it is split it hurts to have a bowel movement, but if the split has temporarily healed then a bowel movement does not cause it.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You might try a little estrogen cream in that area on a regular basis to help keep the skin stretchable. As we get closer to menopause, that area of skin tends to dry out.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Martha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB UserMartha H HB User

You should have your gynecologist check it out. Perhaps an estrogen cream will be just the thing to help you.

Martha

Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

you could go to the dr and have them see if you can get cut and stitches to see if it will heal better. so you dont split anymore was an option for me. I just never did it

Last edited by neffie663; 06-11-2009 at 08:03 AM.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about this because I had this too for years and it was very painful. For some reason, it eventually went away and so far, so good. What I did was avoid any sex positions that caused it to have more pressure on that sensitive area. I hated avoiding certain positions, but it was the only thing that worked in the long run. If I ever felt that even a slight pain there, I would stop. I also tried putting a dab of lubricant on that area, even if I was already well lubricated. It seemed to help putting it on that particular location. I think once it happens, it's just SO difficult to 100% heal up. Even if you feel healed, it will likely come back if you have sex in the way that caused it. Now I just have to be careful not to have sex for a super long time and have to switch up positions. I know which ones make it worse, so I keep those to a minimum.

PS, I talked to my gyno about this and they were NOT helpful. She simply said "more foreplay" although I was trying to explain to her that it would happen (at that time) just from foreplay itself too! Luckily I don't have this gyno anymore and hopefully yours are more helpful!

Old 07-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

What does your doctor say?

Closed Thread