It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
(male)

bob251 HB User
Vagina often smells of urine

Hi,

My wifes vagina often smells of urine. Frequently I can smell it even when she has her knickers on and I smell around that area. Whenever I stimulate her with my fingers, I always have to wash my hands afterwards becuase the smell is so strong on my fingers. It perhaps smells slighlty sweeter than a normal urine smell, and seems to get worse when she is on her period. It puts me off sex but she doesn't seem to notice the smell. As you can imagine, she gets very offended when I have had to tell her about it. It has always been like this as long as I can remember. We are both in our twenties, if that is relevant.

She was a virgin before she met me. She does seem to go to the toilet more often than a normal person might, so could the two issues be related? Does anyone know what the problem might be (if there is one) and if there is any kind of solution? Is it something that could effect my sexual health?

Thanks.

Last edited by bob251; 08-27-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Vagina often smells of urine

Bob251: There could be alot of factors involved here. It could be from foods, vitamins, lack of water intake, sweating, yeast infections, soaps, and it could just be her normal body fluids. She must make sure she keeps the area clean of course. Is it worse during the summer? If so, it could be excess sweating which can cause bacteria there. I know my urine smells strong from vitamins that I take. If she's going to the bathroom alot and not just from drinking alot of water, then she might have some urinary issues that may need to be checked out. The smell will definitely be affected by the period because you've got another fluid involved. I find that that area smells worse during the warm weather and after sex in the summer because my husbands sperm is in there along with everything else. Does she douche? If she does, that might be a bad idea because she might be removing the good bacteria needed there to balance the Ph levels. There are wipes she can use after she uses the toilet to see if that would help and baby powder could help. As far as washing your hands after touching her - well, you'd need to do that anyway!!! That's common sense. Try having her wash up before sex. I do because it's just normal for me to want to be clean and nice smelling. Try taking a shower together before sex to get things going. The vagina has it's own natural fluids there and even more come out when there's ovulation going on. Is she a coffee drinker? Caffeine can cause you to go more. Is she dieting? If so, and she's losing weight, then she might be peeing out fat excretions which could add to the smell. Tell her to try eating some pineapple. There are other posts on these boards where women have asked what they can do to get that area smelling better. Look them up. The only thing I think that's going to affect your sexual health is LACK OF IT if it bothers you too much. Try to gently and nicely work with her on it and keep the communication lines open. She's probably used to it since it's her body. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

I agree with everything previous lady wrote here, but will try to add something here for you.
Honestly, being a lady of 54 and someone who is crazy about self hygiene and cleanliness around me I can tell you this: unless women have some health issues in that area like east infection, no reason to have any scent especially bad one. I read so much about it when I was young just to prevent any problems and every article was teaching how to take good care about your body to prevent any smell and health issues.
Personally I take a shower twice a day and if we are ready to have intimate moment I absolutely take shower again. So does he. No other way. And of course you wash yourself after sex...
When I used to work in a big office building, I noticed how many women at lunch time bring to a lady's room tooth brush and a paper cup, they would get water from the sink and go to the bathroom. Of course they were doing same thing I was doing! Not because I felt I needed, but I love to feel fresh and clean. They have soapy nice and fresh toilet napkins now.
Another words no reason to smell like urine if you take good care of yourself.

Best of luck to you! Talk to her otherwise problem will grow to something more and it can affect your relationships.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

"A tooth brush and a cup", not for brushing teeth I imagine...Wow! I can't say I have ever heard of that...

Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

Writeleft.....I agree, never heard of that. Do tell

Old 09-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

that sounds unhealthy and uncomfortable.....tooth brushes are for teeth

I imagine someones imagination is running wild and they are making assumptions......

tell your wife to trim her hair down there......hair is what holds the urine smell in

Old 09-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Ask her kindly to go to a Gynecologist so the vaginal and surrounding area can be inspected and cultured to see if there is anything medical...and if nothing medical perhaps some advice from the doc. on how to change the 'smell'. Some women can get yeast infections without being sexually active it is just how they are built and the type of underwear they wear...and she would need medical attention to clear that up. Be patient and kind to her about the whole issue. Additionally, everyone has a 'smell' particular to that person(male and female) so if the doctor doesn't find anything then perhaps it is just you can't tolerate her personal smell. Has anyone else commented on her 'smell'? You describe the smell as a urine smell...if it is like an old urine smell then perhaps she is not wiping after urinating and if urine drips on her jeans/slacks and she doesn't wash up every day and change her underwear/jeans everyday she will always have a smell. Good luck.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
(female)

rrigg404 HB User

Is she diabetic? That could be a result of diabetes.

Closed Thread