It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
(male)

steve102 HB User
Sex During Pregnancy

We just found out that my wife is due in June and I was wondering if it was o.k. for us to keep having sex during the early pregnancy.

We've only been married since early August, so naturally I would like the honeymoon period to last as long as possible (in spite of our little unexpected blessing)

We're both pretty young (18 & 19), so the desire's there pregnant or not...at least at this early stage.

Thanks for any info....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: Sex During Pregnancy

Congrats on your marriage and pregnancy. Yes, it is perfectly fine to have sex while pregnant. Some women want sex more while pregnant b/c their hormones are so crazy. In her first few months, she might be tired though and not want sex as much, so hang in there. In any case, sex is perfectly safe unless she has a medical condition related to the pregnancy and the doctor says it is unsafe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

trystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB Usertrystme HB User

Sex while pregnant is some of the best sex that I ever had. But like Kelly said in the early months I was tired and constantly felt like throwing up. But after the first trimester all the way up until the night before the baby was born, it was a lot of fun.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
(male)

Braced Face HB User

congrats , the answer is yes , my wife wore my butt out , an i loved it, we have two great daugthers , an have two loving grandkids now , an haven't slowed down much

Last edited by Braced Face; 10-14-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
(female)

Just Tell Me HB UserJust Tell Me HB UserJust Tell Me HB UserJust Tell Me HB User

Congradulations steve on your nuptuals as well as the new arrival comming in June! The answer to your question is that yes, you can continue to have sex during pregnancy as long as (1) your wife's OB Dr says she's healthy and ok to have sex and (2) your parner wants to have sex. You have to be carefull not to put too much weight on her and not use positions that are too put too much physical exhertion on your wife, especially as she grows larger.
Personally for me, pregnant sex was exceptional because my husband was more attentive, coinsiderate, and compassionate. I got leg and back rubs more often and I really felt special as well as wanted and desired by my partner. There is nothing (to me) more arousing than being pampered, spoiled, then made love to while life grows within me! It was a special time for both of us and I think it makes the babies happier too!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
(male)

steve102 HB User

We're now about 5 months into the pregnancy and I have really been amazed by my wife's "appetite" for sex. It seems that the more she shows, the more she needs..haha.

Don't get me wrong...i'm certainly NOT complaining Just wondering though...is this frequency likely a hormonal thing that will go away later in the pregnancy or after the little guy's arrival?....

....OR (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!, does it have nothing to do with hormones and is just the Mrs' new "permanent" appetite?....I'm talking AT LEAST daily now, but often twice...and occasionally thrice

We had almost this frequency during and immediately after our honeymoon (resulting in our little surprise)...then a pretty noticeable cool-off for a couple of months in which she was rarely interested in sex...and when she occasionally was, it tended to be more masturbation kinds of activities. But now...yowsers!...more than the honeymoon!! (and that's a good thing

Doc says everything's o.k. so far, so sex during pregnancy is CLEARLY not a problem for the baby's health as I was originally concerned...the techniques just get more and more interesting...I could write a book (actually, it's probably already been written

As you can tell, i'm pretty happy about all of this...hope it's not just a "side effect!"

Old 02-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Steve102: Glad to hear things are going well. Be careful as she gets bigger so you don't disrupt anything in there. Be careful when the baby starts to turn. Progesterone is the dominant hormone during pregnancy. It's the calming hormone. That's why women feel great when they're pregnant. Just be prepared for Post Partum Depression when the baby is born. I hope it won't happen, but just be prepared and ready to pamper her in other ways.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Well Steve, if you look back at my post, I did "warn" you that her appetite for sex would most likely increase at some point. LOL! So, congrats, I am glad it is going so well!

On the other hand, I hate to break the bad news, but I would almost bet that after the baby comes, she won't want sex for awhile. And even after the baby is several months old, she still won't be in the mood nearly as much as she is now.

My best advice, enjoy it now while it lasts! LOL!

Closed Thread