It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

goldie067 HB User
Condom left behind after sex

Today, I found a condom inside of me that had been left behind after having sex. I cannot remember the exact date (I have been seeing this person fairly regularly over the past several weeks, with multiple evenings of sexual activity), but the night it was left inside of me could have been 5 days ago.

This makes me exceptionally nervous. I am not on any other form of birth control. I was recently treated for a UTI (I have gotten them frequently in the past), and am worried that the condom might have had something to do with it, or might have interfered with my treatment.

I have recently begun showing weird signs of possibly pregnancy, which didn't makes sense to me since the timing doesn't add up. Extreme breast tenderness, slightly flushed face, skin a-glow. I was previously pregnant 7 years ago, which ended in a miscarriage, and these were the same tip-off signs I got before. I took a test yesterday, and it was negative.

My main questions are:

- Is it likely I could have gotten pregnant from the condom being left inside of me, and would I be showing pregnancy signs this early? Without going into details, I know he did not ejaculate inside the condom which was left inside of me.... but we all know that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

- Could this condom have contributed to my recent UTI infection, and should I be concerned about further complications? I've already finished my antibiotic treatment and have been feeling fine since.

- Could my recent breasts tenderness and other physical symptoms (which I thought might be pregnancy) be effects of the condom? Could it be hormones my body is releasing from the extensive exposure to spermicide or latex?

- If by some miracle/curse I actually am pregnant, is it too early for a store-bought test to return a positive result? I am due for my period in 1 week.

Last edited by goldie067; 12-02-2009 at 10:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
(male)

mercury01 HB User
Re: Condom left behind after sex

It is extremely unlikely that you are pregnant. You have probably heard that women can get pregnant from "precum" and are wondering about this. This is sort of true, but very unlikely. Precum is made from the cowper's gland, which is completely away from the testes, which make the sperm. Really the only way that sperm would be in the cowpers fluid is if he had ejaculated shortly before having sex (if there was oral sex with an orgasm first, etc) and there was still some semen left in his urethra somewhere. Either way though, the condom wouldn't make a difference. One thing to consider also is that with pulling out, there is a chance of getting pregnant if he ejaculated a small amount before exiting.

It could maybe have contributed to the UTI, but I wouldn't think so. When you pulled it out, did it look like some pus or bad smelling fluid had accumulated there? Also, the type of bacteria that cause UTIs in women are not normally found deep in the vagina where the condom was.

Breast tenderness, physical symptoms could happen, but these things can be regular menstrual symptoms also.

If you are pregnant, yes it is probably to early to test, and you have an increased chance of getting a false negative (not enough hormone is produced at this time). You should wait until after your period. I'd be very surprised if you are pregnant.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
(male)

jak1859 HB User
Re: Condom left behind after sex

i agree with everything mercury01 has said - a very small chance of pregnancy or sti

Closed Thread