It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
(male)

GregW200 HB User
Girlfriends vagina smells. What can I do??

I have been dating a girl for a little over a year. For as long as I have known her, she has had a pretty foul odor to her vagina. It is not a fishy smell. The best way I can describe it is like a band aid that has been left on for several days. Needless to say, it has caused ME problems. I have not felt comfortable enough to bring it up to her but I have definitely hinted it to her. It smells no matter what. Even after showering together, it still smells. It's mostly the outside of her vagina but the fluid smell as well.

Background: She is in her early 20's and a pretty clean person. She is very skinny so it's not an issue with being overweight. She only takes baths. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it (maybe throwing off PH balance? I dunno).

I just don't understand how someone can get out of a shower and still have a odor to her vagina. Why would someone have such a bad odor? It can't be an STD and I would imagine it could not be vaginosis because it has been going on for over a year. She has been to a gynecologist at least 2 times and have had no problems.

Please help! Thanks

Old 06-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Girlfriends vagina smells. What can I do??

GregW200: It could be many things - Is she douching on a regular basis? If so, then she might be removing the GOOD bacteria needed in that place. She also could be allergic to your sperm. For some people it's just their natural smell. She could also have a yeast problem. Diet changes could help. I've read on these boards that people can get a sweeter smelling vagina by eating pineapple. She might also benefit from adding some probiotics to her diet. The baths might be causing a problem. She should try taking showers only for a while and see what happens. The water could be getting up in there and irritating the pH. Don't give up. Try to help her so she doesn't end up with more serious problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2010, 03:01 AM   #3
(female)

painfree911 HB User

How do you deal with oral sex then?

Old 06-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
(male)

GregW200 HB User

She doesn't douche (that I know of). She has had the problem for as long as I know her so it's not an infection. My sperm rarely goes near her vagina so it's not that. I have made sure she washes it good during showers and it still has a smell to it.

I deal with oral by using a flavored and scented "sex gel".

She has to know that it smells but she never even seems to acknowledge that she has a problem. I make pretty obvious hints to it and if it were me, I would be scrubbing that thing like crazy. I just don't get it.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

You said it smells like a band-aid...do you use condoms? You could be smelling the latex or a response from her body to it.

Frankly I don't see any way other than to sit her down and say, "Sweetie, I've got something I just have to tell you because it's affecting our sex life and I'm also worried that it's not normal and might affect your health..." and tell her.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
(male)

GregW200 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
You said it smells like a band-aid...do you use condoms? You could be smelling the latex or a response from her body to it.

Frankly I don't see any way other than to sit her down and say, "Sweetie, I've got something I just have to tell you because it's affecting our sex life and I'm also worried that it's not normal and might affect your health..." and tell her.
I mean it smells like that scent of if you leave a band aid on for too long. Like that gross smell. I dont know how to explain it. Its not from condoms or anything sexually related. Its constant. If theres nothing she can do about it, I dont want to bring it up to her.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User

Sounds like she has bacterial vaginosis. This can be cleared up but she'll have to see her doctor.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

It isn't normal to have a yucky smell.
If she smells even after cleaning herself something may not be right. Scrubbing and scrubbing won't do anything. If she's clean on the outside than she is clean on the outside.
It's coming from the inside then. Maybe she has a slight problem or her PH balance is off.
It could also be the diet. Lots of fast food, sodas, coffee (lots), sugars, junk food and things like that do have an effect on the smell of a person.
Eating lots of fruit, grains, healthy foods, and drinking lots of water will make a difference.

No, the smell should not be so unpleasant. If everything is right and she is taking good care of herself, it should be a neutral smell or a slight odor that a man would find a turn on. But it if it's "gross" there must be something not right.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:10 AM   #9
(female)

tampachic HB User

i would get her checked its not suppose to smell down there if its a fowl smell she is probly not washing well or regularly, she should try some EVES vaginal wash if this is the issue, she should purchase wipes instead of using toilet paper als made by EVE- they have the scent free these are best keeps women fresh. I dont smell down there but i just love the fresh feeling. If this does not help find out if she has vaginal discharge she coould have some kind of infection , yeast , std somethin may not be right. Any ways you need to tell her, it may help you in the long run be honest . you never know you could be helping her healthwise if she has any of the abovve.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Gregw200: It's been about a month since your post. How'd you make out? I was just wondering if she takes vitamins? I take alot of them and when I urinate the color is dark yellow from the vitamins. It could be something like that adding to the smell. Is she heavy? It doesn't help when you're heavy and it's summer on top of it. Just sweating can cause odors there. Hope all is well.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #11
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User

Some women smell differently than others. I know this for a fact because my boyfriend dislikes my smell and I have been to my gynecologist a few times to be checked for infections and each time I had none.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
(female)

fcp HB User

I think keeping yourself clean has a lot to do with it. I'm not talking about taking showers or baths, I'm talking about washing yourself often. I like to wash myself every single time I go in the bathroom, and never had any problems with odor or any other kind of infections. They say washing often is not good for you, I say its BS, I wash myself at least ten times a day and I never gotten a yeast infection in my life.

Closed Thread