It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
(female)

LolaShowGirl HB User
Unhappy weird bump on vulva

So I've only had this a short while. It actually occurred either during the last two weeks of a five-week long camping trip, or just after getting back home. My memory is a little fuzzy because I wasn't worried about it at the time.

Anyway, I sorta looks like a pimple, only that its flesh-colored and a little hard inside, but no pain or itchiness. It's just inside the labia majora and just a little bit above the clitoral hood.

Well, when I would squeeze it it seemed like a little white blockage would peep up but still remain there, well I finally sorta squeezed it enough to where clear liquid and some blood came out, but its still swollen and large.

In any case, what are the chances that it could be a STD?
I had a pap-smear after breaking up with my last boyfriend and it came back negative for everything, including the HPV. However, it was actually done just a week after my last intercourse with him. It can't be anyone else either since there hasn't been anyone else.

Should I be retested for STD's again, just in case something needed half a year to develop and show itself? or can I rest assured that I'm perfectly safe (for now)?

Also, does anyone know what the little bump is? Just knowing that it's down there makes me self-conscious and annoyed.

Last edited by LolaShowGirl; 08-22-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: weird bump on vulva

At first I was sure that it was a Bartholin's Cyst. I had one maybe 20 yrs ago, however the location does not seem right. What it sounds like to me (as I also get these on numerous occasions due to using an epilator in that area. . . is ingrown infected hair(s). Sometimes when I do either squeeze them with my nails or tweezers, yeah, I also get that white semi hard discharge. If you are lucky enough to locate that one long .5 inch curled up hair, should return to normal in a day or two.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
(female)

Charlee 2010 HB User

I don't think this is anything to worry about. I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago, and I'm in the same position of checking for STD's and my doc ruled that out right away. Mine was white in colour and just above the clitoris, although a little painful. The skin around the pimple was also a little swollen and 'flappy' When I tried squeezing it, white stuff came out, but I had to squeeze on 2 separate occasions for it all to come out. I still have the 'flappy' piece of skin there which my doc said isn't nasty and probably wont go away, but the pimple didn't come back.
Perhaps yours needs antibiotics - if it is what I had it's common. If you notice, all around your vulva and clitoris you have tiny little bumps. Sometimes (and if you tend to shave the pubic area) they can become infected and cause pimple like bumps.
If your STD tests came back fine and if you had them a week after intercourse, they should be accurate. I have STD tests 5 days after and my doc said it wasn't too early.
Although it doesn't stop you from worrying - I know! Still in the same boat as you!

Good luck - get it checked and I'm sure it will be fine xx

Old 09-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User

A few weeks ago I had a bump on my vulva as well. A quick trip to the gynecologist confirmed that it was nothing more than a cyst and it went away after a few days.

Closed Thread