It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2001, 08:56 PM   #1

TumTum HB User
Urination while having intercourse

This is very embarrassing for me and has made sex with my boyfriend not so enjoyable. I am always worried I will urinate while we are having sex. What causes this and what can I do to stop it? Please. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Old 11-03-2001, 10:45 AM   #2

equivocated HB User
Re: Urination while having intercourse

I'm not sure if I can be too much of a help on this one, but I have your exact same problem, and this is how i deal with it.

For me though, it totally depends on the position we're engaging in. The closer we are during sex, everytime he thrusts in, i feel as though he is directly hitting my bladder. (which may not be the case at all)

My boyfriend knows about this, so your best bet is to tell your boyfriend what is going on.

And before you are about to engage in sex, use the washroom, even if you feel that you don't have to go. It seems like a simple answer, but it definitely works for me.

I've had to stop DURING sex to go to the washroom... what a way to break the mood.

good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2001, 01:45 PM   #3

equivocated HB User

I found this on goaskalice.com after I started to become more curious about this as well.

"If you insert a finger into your vagina palm up, and curl your finger towards your pubic bone, you will feel a "jutting out", which is the urethral sponge, home of the infamous G-spot. Since it protects the urethra during sexual activity, pressing on it may cause a woman to feel as if she has to urinate."

Certain positions put a lot of pressure on this area, so the only way to completely avoid the feeling of urination would be to avoid those positions.

hope that helps.

Old 11-03-2001, 03:49 PM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User

You should always empty your bladder before engaging in sex and immediately after sex. You might also consider limiting your caffiene intake a few hours beforehand if you are sure you will be having sex since caffiene is a stimulant and will definately stimulate your bladder.

Old 11-05-2001, 10:50 AM   #5

DivineO HB User

I've found it's always a good idea to empty the bladder before having sex, and to avoid diuretics (caffeinated beverages, beer, etc.) that day.

The bladder does take a bit of a beating during sex, between the penis and the muscle contractions accompanying orgasms, and I usually have to go after I climax. I make sure my partners are aware of this fact, and I usually get them a glass of water or a treat while I'm up.

But don't worry if you do let loose a little when you climax. Recent catheter tests of women who 'squirt' when they come, in order to solve the mystery of female 'ejaculation', has determined that the liquid comes from the bladder: Urethral Expulsions During Sensual Arousal and Bladder Catheterization in Seven Human Females
<A HREF="http://www.ejhs.org/volume4/Schubach/abstract.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ejhs.org/volume4/Schubach/abstract.html</A>

They determined that the liquid came from the bladder (50 ml to 900 ml per 'squirt'), and although it was low in urea and creatine as compared with normal urine, it is not something magical and mysterious.

Now, if i could just stop being paranoid about breaking wind during sex...

Old 11-05-2001, 03:19 PM   #6

equivocated HB User

breaking wind during sex!!

nevermind breaking wind while your partner is going down on you!@ now THAT is something i have to worry about on occasion due to mine and my boyfriend's love for spicy food.

luckily... it hasn't happened yet. *knock on wood*

Old 11-05-2001, 11:54 PM   #7
Inactive

mlgable HB User

A little information regarding female ejaculation.
The ejaculate is very much like prostrate fluid. It is usually clear, or milky and as thin as water. It does not have
the look, smell or taste of urine. It is almost odorless. The taste varies, depending on the time of the month and diet,
and possibly other factors, such as amount of stimulation received prior to ejaculating or time since the last
ejaculation. It can vary from an almost honey sweet, sour, bitter, or a combination of these tastes.

Even though it is ejaculated from the urethra, it is most definitely not urine. It is absolutely impossible to pee
during a orgasm unless there is a weak pubococcygeus muscle. This is very important, and it is important for the
female and her partner to both understand this. The pubococcygeus muscle contracts when terminating a stream of
urine, and is the muscle which contracts during orgasm. This contraction helps prevent retrograde ejaculation
(ejaculation back into the bladder), and of course prevents the bladder from draining during orgasm.

Old 11-06-2001, 11:17 AM   #8

equivocated HB User

I have a few questions regarding the last post.

Is it possible for a woman never to "ejaculate", regardless of her sexual life? I've never experienced this, and although I'm young, I'm curious if this is a possibility for EVERY woman. And if so, how would one go about achieving this?

Also... since it's impossible to urinate during an orgasm, is it also impossible to urinate during sex? Or is that quite possible due to the fact that muscles are contracting just yet?

Thanks for any help.

Old 11-06-2001, 11:17 PM   #9
Inactive

mlgable HB User

It is not impossible to urinate while having sex as the muscles mentioned are not contracting yet. Not all women ejaculate and I have seen some articles on the web that say women can learn how to ejaculate but this is something you could research yourself. Just do a search for "female ejaculation".

Old 01-22-2002, 07:02 PM   #10

subaru HB User

Just a thought, here, since nobody else seems to have mentioned it. I have read in many places that the feeling when you are first getting close to a g-spot orgasm (rather than a clitoral orgasm) is that you need to pee. It was described in some places as quite a strong feeling, and the one book I have about "finding the g-spot" advises women to not be alarmed, basically, and go for it. I have felt the "need to pee" feeling.

Old 01-23-2002, 12:34 AM   #11

magnolia HB User

for heaven's sake divineo, they were using a darn catheter in that study!!! i agree with mlgable on what she says!!! a man will tell you there is no difference in taste or feel from the natural lubricants to the "squirting" of the orgasm...as far as subaru, you are right...when you are in that state of arousal and you feel the need to go to the bathroom, just relax and that need will be replaced with the "squirting orgasm"...if you want to know for sure, ride him when you get that urge and the head should get just as soaked as the rest of him!!!...have fun with this one!!!

Old 03-11-2002, 04:06 AM   #12

worrywart23 HB User

I also had the got to pee sensation. After many tims of interrupting sex w/ my boyfriend to run to the bathroom, he finally asked what was up. I told him & he said that maybe I was trying to have an orgasm.
I had never experienced one before so I wasn't sure.
We agreed that the next time I had that feeling, I'd just "let go" & see what happened. Thank God, I did.
I had my first orgasm. It was heaven from there on out.

Closed Thread