It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
(female)

lexii28 HB User
severe cramps after sex

After sex last night I encountered severe lower abdomen cramps for the first time in my life. I'm 19 and I've been having sex/on birth control (ortho tricyclen lo) for close to 3 years. I had to lay in the fetal position and rub my abdomen because it felt like someone was stabbing me in my uterus. They subsided after about 10 minutes. I'm nervous as to what this could mean. My last period was a week and a half ago. This month with my pills, I dropped my first white pill in my car, so I took the next day's pill that day (this was on a sunday.) I did the same thing for the following day (monday) and tuesday, but the next day (wednesday) I happened to find the missing pill, so I took that pill so I wasn't short a pill anymore. This was one week ago. Could that be the reason why I'm cramping? Or could it just be because of penetration? I've never had this problem before with sex and I did nothing different so I'm thinking it has to be the pills. The two pills I switched were both white though, so they were the same dosage. Any reason as to why this happened to me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: severe cramps after sex

I've experienced this a couple of times- maybe five times in my life.
Mostly when I was younger.

My ideas are:

1. the cramps are uterine or cervical in origin; that the sex somehow sent these organs into a muscle spasm, or else strained a muscle in them.

Or 2. that the cramps are bowel-related, that the sex somehow shook up my intestines and caused me to have terrible bowel cramps.

Whatever it is, it usually fades within a few hours, although sometimes I'd have a lingering soreness even the next day.

I don't think it's anything serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
(female)

lexii28 HB User
Re: severe cramps after sex

Thank you SO much for your reply! Both of those answers seem perfectly logical to me; I just didn't want to be naive about the situation since it was something new to me. I did feel some gas in my stomach before sex and did not relieve it, so I was thinking that coud've been the case. Today my stomach has been a little upset/sore, I was figuring it was the cramps, or even just nerves from worrying about it all day. I also was close to an orgasm when the pain started, so I never reached one. My friend who I asked about this situation said the same thing as you, that it has happened to her a few times and it was just muscle spasms/contractions. I appreciate your help!

Closed Thread