It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

sophievictoria HB User
A hole in the top of the condom

Okay, so me and my boyfriend had sex today, and after he pulled out he was taking the condom off and told me there was a rip in the condom, but it was at the top, so I'm guessing it was where the rim is, he told me "don't worry its at the top, not at the bottom where it matters" but i'm still worrying, is it possible for semen to reach the top of the condom and leak out of a hole there? There wasn't a large amount of semen in the condom from what I saw, we're always very careful too.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: A hole in the top of the condom

Yes, unfortunately I think it's still possible. A hole in a condom is very ideal, regardless of where the hole is. Sure, in some places it's worse than others, but it would be remiss to tell you that it's impossible for sperm to leak out from a hole on top.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

sophievictoria HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenderella View Post
Yes, unfortunately I think it's still possible. A hole in a condom is very ideal, regardless of where the hole is. Sure, in some places it's worse than others, but it would be remiss to tell you that it's impossible for sperm to leak out from a hole on top.
But, is it likely, I mean I can't see how the semen could get to the very top of the condom

Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Funny, when I read 'top', I immediately thought 'tip' which would be the worst place to have a rip. But then I realized he meant the opposite end. You should probably ask him exactly where it was. If it was near the rim of the opening, then there's not much worry.

What also matters is whether he withdrew right away after he orgasm'd (as you're supposed to). If he didn't, that would give more time for the semen to move around and seep out. It's always possible for semen to leak out the top if the guy continues after orgasming, so it would be possible for it to leak out a rip in it too.

Is it a risky time in your cycle? You can always take the morning after pill if you're worried.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
(female)

sophievictoria HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby View Post
Funny, when I read 'top', I immediately thought 'tip' which would be the worst place to have a rip. But then I realized he meant the opposite end. You should probably ask him exactly where it was. If it was near the rim of the opening, then there's not much worry.

What also matters is whether he withdrew right away after he orgasm'd (as you're supposed to). If he didn't, that would give more time for the semen to move around and seep out. It's always possible for semen to leak out the top if the guy continues after orgasming, so it would be possible for it to leak out a rip in it too.

Is it a risky time in your cycle? You can always take the morning after pill if you're worried.
it is a risky time, I think I will have to get the morning after pill somehow thing is I don't even know if he ejaculated, I will have to talk to him about it, I guess for now all I can do is try not to think about it

Old 07-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
(female)

mellowyellowz HB User

As others have said yes it is possible.

The best advice I can give to relieve stress is get the morning after pill, this way you know yourself that you will not be pregnant instead of relying on hopes that nothing escaped through the hole.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Why don't you go get emergency contraception just to be safe?

Closed Thread