It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

itsjustnikki HB Useritsjustnikki HB User
Question Out of control sex drive

I am a 25 (as of sunday) year old female suffering from a very unusually high sex drive, i feel as if i need sex everyday sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. It's making my boyfriend and i both crazy. he is a once a week kind of guy and requests for anything more than that usually ends up being an argument about me wearing him out. I am so frustrated and don't know what to do. But this is an EVERYDAY thing. I fear it's taking a heavy toll on our relationship, not to mention making me ill and moody. Any advice on how to lower or disable my sex drive? doctor says im young and can wait it out, he just doesn't understand. Going crazy. HELP!

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: itsjustnikki
JanaJ (10-06-2011), sjzrifdsa (09-28-2011), the 13 (09-18-2011), Whoopee (10-07-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
(female)

Kaytaters HB UserKaytaters HB User
Re: Out of control sex drive

What is your boyfriends problem!?! My husband would love for me to have that high of a sex drive. Most men would. Wow. Try toys, might make your man a little jealous.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kaytaters:
itsjustnikki (09-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
(male)

Bogart113 HB UserBogart113 HB User

I'm with Kay....toys.....use them anytime you need......I lovvvveeeeeeeee sex.....

Old 09-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
(female)

PinkEarthMama HB User

I am glad you realize tht your sex drive is higher than your boyfriends. I would try some toys on your own, and limit sex with your boyfriend to what he can handle.

I'd also find another doctor. Your doctor should be listening to you, not telling you that you are too young to help.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:08 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User

I went through this exact same thing years ago, and found out eventually that I had Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. That increased my testosterone (the male sex hormone) making me have a higher sex drive. I would maybe suggest it to your doctor and maybe you can get treated for it, and things will be a little easier in your relationship.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User

You sound entirely normal to me. Sex is very important in a relationship and might I suggest you are not compatible with your boyfriend.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
(female)

Miss Perfection HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustnikki View Post
I am a 25 (as of sunday) year old female suffering from a very unusually high sex drive, i feel as if i need sex everyday sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. It's making my boyfriend and i both crazy. he is a once a week kind of guy and requests for anything more than that usually ends up being an argument about me wearing him out. I am so frustrated and don't know what to do. But this is an EVERYDAY thing. I fear it's taking a heavy toll on our relationship, not to mention making me ill and moody. Any advice on how to lower or disable my sex drive? doctor says im young and can wait it out, he just doesn't understand. Going crazy. HELP!
Dear Nikki,

I can understand it can be disrupting to your relationship.

Have you had your blood levels tested? I would be really interested to learn if your free-testosterone is really high. Dr. might also want to look at SHBG (should be lowered) and total FAI.

Usually it's easier to regulate high sex drive - than low sex drive.

Take care.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
(male)

cborgrx HB User

You need to have a good diversion ready when that drive kicks in. Maybe your favorite book or hobby...then when the drive comes knockin focus on your hobby

Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

JanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB UserJanaJ HB User

There's nothing wrong with you, you don't need a doctor, or anything like that. What you need is a partner who has a similar sex drive to you.

Don't let anyone tell you that there's something wrong, just because you like and want sex. Sex is great and to be enjoyed.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
(male)

ghunt HB User

What's wrong with masturbation?

Also...are you on birth control by any chance?

My gf is on the NuvaRing and she says it brings down her sex drive a bit...which is unfortunate because we don't have as much sex as I could probably go for.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #11
(male)

j9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB User

What guy only wants sex once a week? Especially one in his 20's. It sounds like his lack of sex drive is just as much a problem.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
(female)

MSK3LC HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustnikki View Post
What are you eating/doing? I'm jealous! Lately I've have NO sex drive what-so-ever, and it's driving me insane.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #13
(male)

aches HB User
Thumbs up Re: Out of control sex drive

get a new bf your healthy he's not!!

Last edited by mod85; 10-18-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #14
(male)

aches HB User
Thumbs up Re: Out of control sex drive

sounds like your the healthy one... bf needs some vitamins

Closed Thread