It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
(female)

airmaxplus HB User
Angry Sour, "Off" taste and smell to Vagina

Hello Ladies.
Wondering if anyone has experienced or knows about what I am going through.
Over the past 9 months or so, my partner (of 4 years) and I have realized a sour and bitter taste to my vagina/vaginal discharge. There is often an odor, not "foul" but it isn't pleasant. It is definitively not a fishy smell. Its more of a chemically, sour, or "off" kind of smell and taste. This has only come about in the past 6 months or so, before that apparently I smelt/tasted great. I have a great diet, eat healthily (and variety), drink plenty of water and I exercise. There is sometimes itchiness but rarely. No visible signs of redness etc. Discharge is thick white and quite frequent. I have tried vaginal pills which didn't do anything. They supposedly balance the PH levels. I am going to see my doc as soon as I get some time off work, but in the meantime does anyone know what this could be and how it can be treated? Is it also a long, or hard process to cure? I just want to be back to normal - it has ruined my sex life!!!
Thank you in advance.
Ps. I am 18, and have only one sexual partner. Been tested and have no STD's

Last edited by airmaxplus; 11-10-2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Add Info

Old 11-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
(female)

DDD Sara HB UserDDD Sara HB UserDDD Sara HB User
Re: Sour, "Off" taste and smell to Vagina

You may want to douche with a vinegar douche to clear out old secretions after a period or after sex. Seeing your Gyne is a good idea if it persists.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

I would never recommend a douche. The body cleans itself. That's the way it is made and what it's made to do, clean itself. That's why we go through all the changes each month, it's constantly renewing.
I would not douche.
It sounds like something is off balance. I would recommend some natural remedies if it were me. Let your body get back on track.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #4
(female)

someone2talk2me HB Usersomeone2talk2me HB User

Hi airmaxplus,

I think you should go to the obgyn because then you will know for sure as to what the problem is . It may not be a problem , but you should go to make sure . Sorry its affecting your sex life , and hope it gets better .

Old 12-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
(female)

Fabulous1981 HB User

Def, heard and read a lot about not douching. I did hear that you can use plain, white yogurt.

Closed Thread