It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
(female)

Aliah122 HB User
Hymenectomy

Hi,

Yesterday i had my hymenectomy so i thought i would write a bit about it as only a few weeks ago i was on google searching for peoples experiences about how their surgery went so thought this information might be useful.

I have always struggled putting tapons in... i thought this was normal as i had a few friends who didnt like to use tapons so i thought nothing of it and just used pads. When i started dating and getting seriouse with my boyfriend of 5 years i eventually wanted to become sexually active with him. It never worked and i was always in agony and pain... and he just could not get it in. When we broke up a couple of months ago (not for sexual reasons) but i realised that something was just not right and sex shouldnt be this painful. I did think it could of been a mental thing and i just didnt want to do it with him, but i was sure i loved him and trusted him enough it was just too painful.

When i would try getting a finger up....I could get it up there, slowly. Each time i did it.... it would fit but not feel pleasant at all. So i made an appointment to see the gyno. She told me basically it sounded like it was hymen and a small procdure called a hymenectomy which is an incision in the hymen should fix the problem.

So i thought things couldnt possibly get worse so i was eager to give it a go.

Yesterday i had my hymenecotmy... i have never had surgery so i think i was more stressed about the anestetics rather then the surgery, but once i got over that it was fine. They wheeled me in put me to sleep and i woke up one hour later in recovery. I was in hospital for 2 hrs after my surgery then went home. I was bleeding a little that day but the next day no blood. After the surgery i had a little pain, the nurse gave me panadine forte and i was absolutly fine to go after that. I took neurfen that night but the pain was totally bearable and as i said bleeding was gone in a day. I felt fine after.

i was instructed by my doctor to insert 2 fingers with lubrication daily. The night i got home i didnt really want to try inserting 2 fingers as it felt a bit sensative and i was a little sore still but i was eager to see if the surgery made a difference.... so i thought id try one finger with lubrication, i had always been able to put a finger in but this time it felt much much easier and there was no pain at all. Today (a day later from my surgery) i tried inserting 2 fingers which i could never do, and this was done slowly but it was possible... i can really tell the surgery has in fact made a difference! i am very keen to see if sexual intercorse will work now, but i do feel such a difference and dont see how it could not work as i feel no pain at all inserting 2 fingers.

i was very weary about doing this surgery as i had read it didnt work for some, but i strongly do recommend this. You have nothing to loose and so much to gain. The surgery is almost painfree with little bleeding and i had 2 dissolvable stitches used.... I now feel so much better about myself i hope this sucess keeps up!!

The following user gives a hug of support to Aliah122:
fjeeva001 (12-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread