It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
(female)

L Kaye HB User
Vaginal Relaxation and Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

Okay, Here is the thing. Most people like to give an opinion on Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation without having the problems that women who seek this treatment out have. It makes me mad that they call this cosmetic surgery. I realize it is elective, but most women who seek this kind of surgery are more interested in the function of the vagina not the ascetics of it. The facts are that many women lose the ability to have an orgasm after child birth. This is a result of the loss of sensation and friction when having sex. The facts are that even though your OBGYN may tell you that this is normalÖ.it doesnít feel normal and can be emotionally devastating for women.

Here is my story. I am a mother of two. After having my second child sex never felt the same. I thought this was something I was going to have to live with. The fact is sometimes when I had sex I could hardly feel anything at all. My husband insisted that he was fine with our sex life, but I wasnít. I didnít want to tell him about it because I didnít want to hurt his feelings so it wasnít until my son was four that I even approached the subject. I started to do research on alternative to Kegels exercises which did not work for me. I could do Kegels until I was blue in the face with NO change. I was also constantly worrying about stress insentience. I wanted to change this. So I went for a consultation with a notable gynecological surgeon who specialized in Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation. I was secretly hoping he would tell me I was fine, but that isnít what happened. He showed me with a mirror just how relaxed my vagina had become. He was able to through my rectum push through my vaginal wall where the muscles were basically gone. At this point I actually felt better that I knew that I wasnít crazy and that there was a way to change this.

So I have decided to get Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation, although I am nervous about recovery I am also hopeful about the results. I cannot wait to feel like myself again. I canít wait to enjoy sex again. My husband has been very supportive, even though he still doesnít feel it is necessary, but he understands this: This surgery is about ME not him. I will let you know the truth about recovery and sex after surgery. Please not that anyone interested it this surgery should make an informed decision and talk openly with your doctor to see if this could be right for you. I will keep you posted!

I would love to hear from other women who have had this procedure done and what the final results have been.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: Vaginal Relaxation and Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

I haven't had this surgery so I can't really comment about that part, but I'm more curious about your situation. I'd always assumed that any loss of sensation after a vaginal delivery was a nerve thing, not a looseness thing. That would mean that surgery wouldn't help, in fact, I'd be worried that going in and cutting around in there could even make it worse.

Were you able to have vaginal orgasms before? Does your clitoris still work the same? Do you orgasm at all now or is that completely over? Sorry for the curiosity, I'm just trying to understand what kind disfunction you're talking about.

Anyway, my advice would be to get a 2nd opinion. Remember, the opinion you already got was from someone who wants your business so it's in his best interest to get you to do it (I'm always a sceptic when it comes to doctors who recommend the surgery also being the ones who perform it and get the $$$ ). I would also keep waiting to hear from 'satisfied customers', definitely.

Closed Thread