It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
(female)

bwldrd HB User
Unhappy Unexplained vaginal odor

For the past week or so I've been noticing a fish-like odor that must be coming from my vagina, though the smell is worst on my underwear. Recently it has been accompanied with a very mild, barely noticeable soreness in what feels like the vaginal canal and I have felt equally mild cramping similar to period cramps. I placed a finger up inside to see if the smell was there as well, but it smelled normal and the vaginal discharge is its usual color and consistency. I experience no pain during sex, nor have I had a fever or any serious pain. I've done some research thinking it may be a simple yeast infection, but the symptoms don't match up. Anything I've found as to what it might be doesn't seem like what I'm exepriencing at all. The last two paps I've done came back with signs of a yeast infection but they also came back with a lack interior cervical cells. (At least, that's what I remember them saying.) Both times the doctor said it was nothing to worry about. I've never had an STD and only had a yeast infection once, but my symptoms aren't what I experienced before. I have scheduled an appointment with an OB/GYN, but it's two weeks out and I'm starting to worry. I take oral contraceptives and practice other safe sex procedures. I only have one sexual partner. If anyone might have any ideas as to what this may be, I would greatly appreciate it. (I wouldn't consider it a diagnosis and I still plan on seeing my doctor.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
(female)

MountainLily HB User
Re: Unexplained vaginal odor

Bacterial vaginosis frequently occurs with a fishy smell and can cause mild cramping.

Closed Thread

Tags
mild pain, vaginal odor, yeast infection