It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

KellyBaby818 HB User
Is my vagina... normal?

Kind of a weird question, yes.
Here's the thing:
I'm a smaller-built girl, and that includes my vagina. I've only been successful with a tampon one time when I was 18. I got married this past August and we both lost our virginity on our wedding night. At first sex was extremely painful, of course. It wasn't until about five months into our marriage that it wasn't painful anymore. Even though we have a successful sex life, I'm still unable to insert a tampon -- even a petite-sized one.
I examined myself down there with a mirror today, and it just looks weird to me. There's a lot of tissue at the opening, but the opening itself (or hole) is only the size of a pinhead. Is that normal? What's up with that small opening? It doesn't make sense that my husband can penetrate me (and he is way, way bigger than a petite-sized tampon), but I can't even use a tampon. Is this me being built funny, or just inexperienced with using a tampon! Does everyone's vagina look like this? Help!

P.S. I haven't have a gynecologist appointment yet. They didn't think it was necessary to examine me before the wedding because I wasn't sexually active and they said I didn't need to get one until I turned 21, which is this May.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Is my vagina... normal?

You should definitely see a gyno and have a physical. Bring these issues up with her/him. Also, you could try a little KY on the tip of the tampon to help it slide in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

I hope I don't sound like a smart a**,but are you SURE you are aiming for the right hole?? There are 3 holes down there,and the pee hole is VERY small.
You would not be able to have sex if your vagina was only the size of a pin though...
I'm a petite woman myself and had a hard time with tampons in the beginning too,but I was a virgin when I started using them.The best way to go about it is to use a bit of lube on the tampon,spread your vaginal lips and gently slide it in your vagina.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
(female)

KellyBaby818 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItRains View Post
I hope I don't sound like a smart a**,but are you SURE you are aiming for the right hole?? There are 3 holes down there,and the pee hole is VERY small.
You would not be able to have sex if your vagina was only the size of a pin though...
I'm a petite woman myself and had a hard time with tampons in the beginning too,but I was a virgin when I started using them.The best way to go about it is to use a bit of lube on the tampon,spread your vaginal lips and gently slide it in your vagina.
Haha of course I am sure! I'm 20 years old and sexually active, I've got it figured out by now. (I've had it figured out since I was like 12, haha) I've held a mirror to that area many times to get a better understanding and I don't think I've ever even seen the urethra.
I've noticed that my vulva has stretched considerably, but my vagina itself looks the same as it did before I started having sex. I thought my vagina would just look more open with some tissue, but it's a bunch of tissue/skin and a teeny-tiny opening that will only stretch for my husband. It just doesn't like tampons I guess.
I've tried lubricant, every position/stance imaginable, breathing deep, and putting on music. Nothing works. It's very weird and it hurts like heck. It stings even more than when my husband enters me, and as I mentioned before...he ain't little!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
(female)

MarJol HB UserMarJol HB User

Hi - I sort of have the same problem that you have. I'm 28 and sexually active (have been since 20) but I cannot use tampons either. Sex is sometimes not comfy at first for me because I have a tight vagina. I think the reason why you can have sex with your husband and he is able to actually insert his penis is because you are sexually arrounsed during sex. The vagina relaxs during sex so it is easier for him to put his penis in. A tampon doesn't exactly feel the same. I've never been able to use a tampon without pain..I can't even hardly get the tip in. Also, I've been going to the gyno for about 6 years and it is always painful for me. I know some people say it isn't bad but for me it is. I've never had anything abnormal show up during my visit so I know there is nothing wrong with me...but it still hurts. So, I "feel your pain" so to say. Mention this to your doctor but I don't think this is anything wrong with you. I'm the same way.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

It's definitely not like those commercials where they say, "It's so comfortable you can't even feel em". After a while you kinda get used to the feeling,but I prefer pads anyway.
I have to agree with MarJol,I think during sex your vagina expands and that is why it doesn't bother you so much.

Pap smears have never been fun for me either...the things we gals must go through!

Old 04-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User

Just a thought, but maybe you could lay in the bed and have your husband try to insert it. He'd have a much better look at things and may be able to do it. Just my two cents worth.

Closed Thread