It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
(female)

yngandconfused HB User
Unhappy Am I pregnant?

Hi, i'm 21 and am really in a pickle. =(
Okay so I am on the birth control pill and had sex twice about halfway through my birth control pack and then about a week later I was put on the antibiotic cloxacillin for a week for a skin infection... I was still taking my pills and the antibiotic and about three or four days in I started spotting bright red off and on {sometimes pink} and figured that it was just breakthrough bleeding from being on both my birth control and the antibiotic at the same time. Then I had unprotected sex after I was finished the antibiotic for about three days and still taking my birth control pills. I am now finished my birth control and am two days into the pill free week and while I am still spotting brown and pink {for two weeks} I have not had my period yet. I googled if you could get pregnant if you have sex right before your period and although it is possible to get pregnant at any time it is pretty unlikely, and I was still on the pill and finished my antibiotic. I don't know what's going on.. I have a little bit of pain in my abdomen but nothing major, no pregnancy symptoms like nausea or tenderness or anything like that.. I have been pregnant before with my daughter and didn't have anything like this happen.. What's going on?

Old 05-09-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
(female)

vabchgirl HB User
Re: Am I pregnant?

I think it's highly unlikely that you're pregnant, but for peace of mind I suggest buying a pregnancy test. If that's negative (which I'm pretty sure it will be), call your doctor's office and speak with a nurse. They can tell you if the spotting is normal or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
(female)

yngandconfused HB User
Re: Am I pregnant?

Thanks. I really hope you're right! I started bleeding today although not as much as I normally do on my period but that could be somewhat in part to having been spotting for two weeks. =\

Closed Thread

Tags
antibiotics, bleeding, pregnancy, spotting