It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

Slim1984 HB User
Masturbation with lotion

I dont buy special lube. When I masturbate it's with body lotion (sometimes scented, sometimes plain). I usually wash up afterwards. It's clitoral stimulation, not vaginal.

My question is, can using products down there cause a bladder infection?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User
Re: Masturbation with lotion

It is possible yes. The female clitoris a very sensitive area and prone to inflammation due to the chemicals in lotion. The fragrance alone may irritate the surface. Plus lotion gets absorbed right away and often has alcohol in it. There is good reason for the natural production of lubricant it's because the clitoris does not respond well to direct contact with anything that doesn't glide smoothly. The best thing is natural lubricant or over the counter lubricant. Lotion can cause problems with infections or by damaging the thin protective membrane. Also it because the clitoris is close to the female urethra and near the vagina it could cause infections.

Last edited by Vanilla Kiss; 06-10-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Yes, definitely. Lotions, especially scented non-natural ones have all kinds of chemicals and plant/fruit extracts in them. In the clitoral and outer vaginal areas you also have the urethra to consider and when things like body lotions go there, you're pretty much asking for trouble. It makes it very easy to get bladder infections and UTI's.

If you're going to use a lubricant besides your bodies own natural lubricant, the best thing to use is a water based gel or liquid lubricant such as KY Gel or Astroglide. These are the same products that hospitals and OB/GYNs use in their surgeries and offices for procedures and exams, you can get them at any pharmacy and most grocery stores. And most stores have a generic version of KY gel for around $3 bucks.

It's too cheap not to be safe.

Kat

Last edited by katlin09; 06-10-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
(female)

Slim1984 HB User

Does "natural lubricant" include saliva? I would imagine your mouth has worse germs than body lotion.

And KY Gel doesnt have any chemicals in it? I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

I also want to add that most females use body wash in the shower. Wouldn't body wash have just as many perfumes and chemicals as lotion?

Last edited by Slim1984; 06-10-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

A lot of people use "saliva" but the human mouth is one of the most germ filled places in the world, it really is not a safe and healthy option.

I'm reading the ingredients off of a bottle of KY gel: Purified Water, glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Gluconate Delto Lactone.

Astroglide has the exact same ingredients. KY gel is what Dr.'s use in their office when doing vaginal exams, rectal exams, prostate exams, etc. they have to use pure, safe non allergenic products that won't irritate or inflame the area's they're examining. It's a very safe product. The safest your going to find besides your own natural lubricant. And by that I mean a women's own natural vaginal lubricant which is always present and increased during sexual arousal.

And yes, we do use body washes in the shower, but if you've ever been to a gynecologist, most will instruct you to just use pure gentle soap and water when washing your genital area. A women's vaginal system has it's own very delicate and well balanced Ph system, you don't need to use heavy cleansers and perfumed body soaps to keep clean....all of those things just upset the Ph balance and tend to cause more problems than help.

Take care,

Kat

Closed Thread