It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
(female)

LoTran HB User
Arrow Please help!!

Ok so in july I had unprotected sex with my partner twice, we have been together for two years and then I found out that he cheated and the relationship ended. About three weeks after I started to feel pain in my lower level almost like bad cramps, it didnt last long actually maybe for 15 mins to 30mins. Than later on the week i started having white Vag discharge and it kind of ich ,I went to the dr and they gave me azithromycin. The iching went away and most of the discharge. But now i have a dry cough it is not constant just random, my throat does not burn or anything, I dont have a fever or anything, I am losing weight but the only thing about that is that I have been dieting for a while. I still am having a little white discharge and dry cough, I am scared that I may have HIV.... Should I be worried??.. I have a dr appointment on monday and I was wondering if I should ask for a HIV test.... plz respond im very scared. =(

Old 10-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Please help!!

Hi lo tran and welcome to healthboards! You didnt say what the dr gave you azithromycin for? I dont know how old you are but, if at age of still having your period ALL women have clear thin discharge to whitish thick discharge depending where they are in their 28 day cycle. If it has no smell, no itch, no pain it may be normal. A dry cough, for a short time could be allergies, throat irritation, sinus drainage etc. I know you're scared because of the betrayal. My mom gave me advice all my life "Don't borrow trouble" I didn't get it either @ first. But, it means dont get so frightened until someone tells you that there is REALLY something wrong! In life there are many times when we hear bad news. But, MORE times when we feared bad news but everything worked out all right. So, go to your appt and i wouldnt ask for an Hiv test. I would get really brave and say just what you said here about unprotected sex , he fooled around & you broke up & subsequent symptoms. Then, he/she dr can order all that is needed. God bless you, lo tran! Dont worry until you are told to! Take care, & if you need a listening ear it would be a privilege to hear from you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
(female)

LoTran HB User

Thanks for the advice and helpful words, they gave me azithromycin because they said could just be a bacteria infection because they ran a STD test but it came back saying i was clean. I feel that i am stressing myself out because i am scared. This was my first time every in life having unprotected sex and to make it worst he was my first sexual partner ever, I am 19 turning 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Hi lo tran and welcome to healthboards! You didnt say what the dr gave you azithromycin for? I dont know how old you are but, if at age of still having your period ALL women have clear thin discharge to whitish thick discharge depending where they are in their 28 day cycle. If it has no smell, no itch, no pain it may be normal. A dry cough, for a short time could be allergies, throat irritation, sinus drainage etc. I know you're scared because of the betrayal. My mom gave me advice all my life "Don't borrow trouble" I didn't get it either @ first. But, it means dont get so frightened until someone tells you that there is REALLY something wrong! In life there are many times when we hear bad news. But, MORE times when we feared bad news but everything worked out all right. So, go to your appt and i wouldnt ask for an Hiv test. I would get really brave and say just what you said here about unprotected sex , he fooled around & you broke up & subsequent symptoms. Then, he/she dr can order all that is needed. God bless you, lo tran! Dont worry until you are told to! Take care, & if you need a listening ear it would be a privilege to hear from you.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
(female)

LoTran HB User

i found a nice size bump on the back of my arm also

Closed Thread

Tags
help asap, hiv, std, worried