It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
(female)

Ascalon1961 HB User
Sex after the gyno - how long to wait?

I've been told that after visiting the gyno that it's wise to wait at least one week - or longer - before resuming sexual activity. This is because, apparently, some minor injury is caused to the cervical tissue when cells are scraped from it. Sexual activity may lead to infections and/or irritation of the cervix. I think that one week is a bit excessive though; perhaps three or four days would be enough. What other opinions do people have?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Sex after the gyno - how long to wait?

I don't know that I've ever made a concious effort to wait any particular length of time though I do avoid it on the day of the appointment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Was this after a regular PAP smear? I've never been told to abstain from sex after one of those. Interesting...

What did your actual doctor say?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
(female)

Ascalon1961 HB User

I was told this by one of my friends who had suffered some minor bleeding after her exam. She thought it prudent to avoid sexual activity and thus avert any potential problems.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Having had sex a few hours after a Pap I can say that it was a little uncomfortable in that spot but that's about it. And I've never bled after one so I can't address that. But if it's with your usual partner, I can't see any issue other than the possible sensitivity at the site.

Closed Thread