It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
(male)

Sig45 HB User
Wife has pain post sex

I've been married for almost 11 years now and have not had this problem before. She is currently about 25 weeks pregnant (kid #4). The last few times we've had sex she has complained of vaginal/vulval pain afterwrds. Not during, just after I ejaculate. She thinks it might be a pH issue with my semen.

There is no chance of any STDs. We've only ever had sex with eachother. There's always been plenty of lubricant (natural or KY as needed). Never had this issue with the first 3 pregnancies.

Does the pH theory make any sense to you folks? If so what can be done about it? If not, what might be a reasonble explnation?

Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Wife has pain post sex

I don't really know anything about this. Semen is slightly alkaline, but I've never heard of pH being a problem. There is actually such a thing as semen allergy. Symptoms include burning and itching. While a semen allergy isn't totally rare, it's not particularly common. One way to decide if the reaction you are having is to semen or to something like chronic vaginitis is to use a condom during intercourse. IF indeed it is semen allergy, there is a desensitization treatment she could get from an allergist or immunologist, but it might only be an issue during pregnancy.

More likely, it could be that the semen is causing/exacerbating vaginosis (infection), if there's any inflammation or any possible sign of infection (not even an STD--even much more benign infection), she should get it checked because any little infection could be really bad during pregnancy.

Some other signs of infection: Increased discharge (also common in pregnancy), but especially if it is more likely a thin discharge that is dark, gray or even green tinged. There is usually a fish odor noted as well. You may also find that the smell is more common after you have had sex recently. Itching might occur if you have lots of discharge from the vagina, but it is not a common symptom of bacterial vaginosis.

There are probably plenty of other things it could be. As I said, I really don't know much about this. I hope this info helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread