It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
(female)

voltaire1919 HB User
Is it normal, or abnormal and I'm just ignorant?

About two weeks ago I lost my virginity and began having sex with my new boyfriend for the first time. I am 19 years old and am not on birth control as I had not been planning on becoming sexually active anytime soon. The first time we had sex I did not bleed (I am very active and healthy and suspect I tore my hymen during a sporting activity). I became worried because we had only used the withdrawal method and purchased the Plan B pill about two days after intercourse had occurred. A week later (late afternoon December 14th) we had unprotected sex again using the withdrawal method.

On the 16th of December at work, I noticed that I was experience some vaginal spotting had actually soaked through my underwear (it's been a brownish color and is brown or pink if I press toilet paper to myself while using the bathroom) and lightly stained the shorts I had under my uniform bottoms. I had my period on December 1st so I know it was not that (I am very regular and my periods are very heavy).

I have never, ever bled outside the range of my menses so I am very concerned. I have searched the internet for answers and nearly had a panic attack when I read you could have spotting as a sign of being pregnant (implantation bleeding). We had not used protection and after using an ovulation calculator, realized that I may have been ovulating at the time. I also read however, that "some spotting is nothing to be concerned about the first few times having sex."

I am entering my fourth semester at my university and am a full-tuition merit scholar majoring in pre-medicine/biology. I have many plans for the future and am not looking to get pregnant for many years to come.

I am very worried and would appreciate any advice that could be given on this matter. Thank you very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
(female)

I wonder if HB User
Re: Is it normal, or abnormal and I'm just ignorant?

I do not believe this blood is caused by a pregnancy my guess would be that it is more so becausee it was your first time being sexually active!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

If you don't want to become pregnant you need a reliable method of Birth Control.
The withdrawal method is NOT reliable, visit your Family Planning Clinic who will advice you.
You could try a Home Pregnancy Test, I got a result many years ago ten days after a missed period.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

You are probably OK, but you must get a reliable birth control going. I had two children via the 'withdrawal method'. Sera

Closed Thread

Tags
advice or experience, pregnancy, sex, spotting