It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

kaykay1295 HB User
Why am I never horny?

Hi, I'm 17 and have been dating my boyfriend for 1 1/2 year. In the beginning things were amazing lots of fun passion and everything. He is very smart we have a great relationship on every level except one. I'm never ever in the mood. I used to get in the mood but now it hasn't happened in months. And even when we do get intimate I find myself treating it almos like a chore. I don't enjoy it at all. I am on Zoloft and have had a plethora of problems such as , extreme moodiness vomiting skipped periods or late periods horrible headaches and extreme detachment from people. I had a bad childhood but so did my boyfriend and we connect on that level. I'm 17 I should be like every other teenager who can't wait to get it in. But I have no sexual desire whatso ever. What's wrong with me??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Why am I never horny?

its probably the zoloft

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
(female)

kaykay1295 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
its probably the zoloft
This was going on before the Zoloft but has gotten worse sense.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

maybe you're just not into your boyfriend.....

Old 03-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User

I would also explore the zoloft. If it was an issue before and now it is worse, first call your doctor and ask for medication that is not known for sexual side effects.

At your young age, it is also normal to be very protective of yourself, against sexually based problems. Whether it is pregnancy, emotional pain, stigma or any other deep seated fears, we can be cautious with sharing our bodies.

Mixing those two things together can make us react like you have found yourself doing.

There is nothing wrong with being very cautious, and with a long lifetime ahead of you, being patient can really be helpful.

Call your doctor to rule out the zoloft first. Good luck

Old 03-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

It could be a few things: birth control pills, depression/stress/anxiety, medication...

You need to take care of yourself mentally, emotionally. Sometimes a sex drive is a lower priority.

All the best.

Closed Thread