It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
(female)

roxnjust HB User
Thumbs down Random sharp stabbing pains in my vagina....

I am a 29 year old female, and a couple years ago, I began to experience a pan that felt like a 5-sided razor sharp knife being shoved into my vagina. This usually happens maybe 2-4 times a month, and each time it usually lasts all day. It is so painful, the only thing I can do is curl up in a ball and cry. Not even my pain medications will touch this pain, and I am on methadone and dilaudid for my scoliosis, which I was diagnosed with when I was 14 and underwent surgery that same year to get 2 Harrington Rods placed on each side of my spine. I still have pretty extensive pain to this day and still struggle with it daily.

Not only does it feel like a sharp knife, also I get really bad sharp pains in my lower abdomen and anus. Also, every time something in inserted into my vagina, it hurts so bad that I want to cry. Especially when something goes deep inside of me, that is excruciating for me. Because of this, I have not had sex for over a year and half now.

I went to my gyncologist and they referred me to a urogynocologist.The urogynocoogist said that it wasn't endometriosis but wasn't sure what was causing the pain. So I went to my regular gynocologist and he performed and operative laparoscopy to check for endometrosis. The surgery came back with no endometriosis and nothing abnormal other than this small piece of tissue that was connected that wasn't supposed to be. So, my gynocologist is pretty much giving up on figuring out what is wrong with me and what's causing my pain so I thought I would come on the forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this and has any info for me that I could look into. If anyone has any ideas or can help in any way, I would immensely appreciate it. I am tired of dealing with this pain and I refuse to believe that I will have to live with this the rest of my life not knowing what it is. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Random sharp stabbing pains in my vagina....

I wonder if the scoliosis surgery caused some nerve damage. With nerve damage, you can get some "misfiring" of nerves which can be very painful.

Another thought is interstitial cystitis which can cause the type of pain you're describing. A urologist or urogynecologist should be able to diagnose this. I hope you get answers and relief soon! Let us know what you find out.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
(female)

roxnjust HB User
Talking Re: Random sharp stabbing pains in my vagina....

Thank you so much for replying to my post. I really appreciate every idea someone has. I will definitely look into the interstitial cystitis and see if that sounds like everything I'm going through. Once again, thanks for responding. Atleast I have somewhere to start.

Closed Thread