It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
(female)

se4shell HB User
Twenty-two year old female with NO libido?!

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for me.. The last few years I've become more and more discouraged in regards to my lack of libido! I have been with my boyfriend for almost five years, and love him dearly. Unfortunately for him, sex pretty much feels like a chore for me. It wasn't always this way, so I've narrowed the reasons down to the following: 1) my birth control; 2) my hypothyroidism; and/or 3) my anxiety/OCD. It's also worth noting that I take my birth control continuously to avoid the pain of dysmenorrhea, or possibly endometriosis. No lie, I haven't had a real period in over six years! As you can see, I have a horrible combination of issues which have destroyed my sex-drive. I have an appointment with my gynecologist in May to hopefully switch up my birth control, but other than that, I'm open to any ideas! Please help! ):

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Twenty-two year old female with NO libido?!

You might ask to have your testosterone level checked, as that hormone can be deficient in women causing low libido. Also ask to have your thyroid levels checked to make sure you are on an adequate dose of thyroid replacement. Testosterone can be supplemented, and a change in BCP may help as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
(female)

CrossMyHeart HB User
Re: Twenty-two year old female with NO libido?!

Maybe try a different type of birth control? I know for a lot of women, birth control can really diminish the libido.

Edit: You already said you were going to try that, that's what I get for reading through posts too quickly. Durr durr durr.

Last edited by CrossMyHeart; 04-02-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
(female)

Shiloh793 HB User
Could be a hormone deficiency. I had the same issue and Dr found my hormone levels were off. Now I'm on a hormones supplement and my libido is better. It's not great but I can't complain. Btw, I'm 27.

Closed Thread