It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #1
(female)

Nicolaj HB User
vestibular papillomatosis or genital warts

I'm unsure if I have vestibular papillomatosis or genital warts. I have a row of bumps in a perfect line on both sides right underneath the opening of my vagina. I had an annual pap smear test yesterday and one doctor thought they were early warts and the other said just part if my anatomy so I am totally confused. They feel hard at the bottom but fleshy like finger like projections. It tried the vinegar test and I don't think they went white, the rest if the skin around burned and changed colour but not the lumps themselves. I've made an appointment at gum clinic next week but I just want peace of mind. I have taken pictures and they really don't look like warts.

Last edited by Nicolaj; 04-18-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
(female)

dustytrail HB User
Re: vestibular papillomatosis or genital warts

Nic, Every couple of years I go to a dermatoligist to have my whole body checked since I worship the sun and live in Florida. As long as I can remember I have had what I called skin taps in the same area. Also freakal like specks. I had one tab in particular that recently became larger and flat.Since I shave completely down there I started nicking it with the razor. I went to the dermatologist to have it checked. She removed it and it came back positive for warts and cancer. I had to have all of the tabs and freckals removed. Apparently it warts are left to long they will become canceres. The Dr. also said that woman usually are exposed to warts they're first sextual encounter. To be on the safe side. Have it checked right away. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
(female)

Nicolaj HB User

Thanks, I went to gum clinic and the dr said it was definitely not warts and nothing to worry about. Hope she was right.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
(female)

dustytrail HB User

Thats great!!!!! I would still have a biopsy of some kind. either by your gyno or dermatologist. I was lucky that I caught it when I did or it would have spread to my cervix or uteris. But you sound confident in they're prognosis, I'm very happy for you.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I'm pretty sure they gave you the right diagnosis at the gum clinic.

The fact that you said they were symmetrical indicated to me that they were most likely just part of your natural anatomy. Warts and cancers are definitely not known for their symmetry

Closed Thread