It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
(female)

JD99714 HB User
Vaginal Sore? I really dont think it's herpes help??

Hi, I am quite the worry wart when it comes to my genital area. I automatically think everything that happens to me means I'm going to die haha

but recently I have developed a sore in the upper right side of my clitoral hood. It does not itch and isn't sore, but it does burn a little when water or anything touches it. I was thinking it might be from high waisted jean shorts because sometimes I don't like to wear underwear haha. It kind of just looks like raw skin with a yellowish filter over it and my area (there are two small bumps) is a little more smelly than usual, but I am also just starting my period. I only recently became sexually active with my boyfriend, but he has only had 2 sexual partners before me and they were about 2 years ago, he has been checked for STDs and is completely clean.

I'm just not entirely sure what it is and if this could possibly be herpes or something (I really don't think it could be) I'd like to see what it could be before making an appointment with my gyno. I have done a lot of research and can't seem to find something that matches exactly with what's going on.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Vaginal Sore? I really dont think it's herpes help??

The sore could be a herpes lesion. Your description of water running over it hurts is suspicious for herpes ulceration (the nerves of skin are exposed). I would get seen now while the sore is present. The smell can be from herpes or if it smells fishy and strong, you could have bacterial vaginosis, which is treatable. So please make an appointment with your GYN, as herpes lesions will heal in 7-10 days, and then you won't know until it occurs again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
(female)

JD99714 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
The sore could be a herpes lesion. Your description of water running over it hurts is suspicious for herpes ulceration (the nerves of skin are exposed). I would get seen now while the sore is present. The smell can be from herpes or if it smells fishy and strong, you could have bacterial vaginosis, which is treatable. So please make an appointment with your GYN, as herpes lesions will heal in 7-10 days, and then you won't know until it occurs again.
But lesions look more like a pimple or bump right? This looks more like when you peal a scab off of a wound

Old 06-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Herpes starts out as a bump, red, about the size of a large pimple, then progresses to a ulcer, like a shallow crater where the upper layer of skin is gone and the raw underneath layer is exposed. That's when it gets painful. Then it gradually dries up and heals over. There is often a tender, sometimes enlarged groin lymph node on the side of lesion as well.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
(female)

JD99714 HB User

Quote:
Herpes starts out as a bump, red, about the size of a large pimple, then progresses to a ulcer, like a shallow crater where the upper layer of skin is gone and the raw underneath layer is exposed. That's when it gets painful. Then it gradually dries up and heals over. There is often a tender, sometimes enlarged groin lymph node on the side of lesion as well.
There is no current enlarged groin lymph node

Old 07-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

They don't always occur, so lack of inguinal nodes doesn't change anything.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
(female)

JD99714 HB User

Quote:
They don't always occur, so lack of inguinal nodes doesn't change anything.
I made an appointment with my gyno

Old 11-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
(female)

Alwayssomthing HB User

Did you find out what it was? Please share

Old 11-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
(female)

JD99714 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayssomthing View Post
Did you find out what it was? Please share
It did turn out to be type 1 herpes genitally.. But I got on Valtrex and have not had an outbreak since my initial outbreak

Reply Reply