It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2002, 11:34 AM   #1

shawty HB User
Question how do you fix the "smell down there??" if you readplease answer even if its short

i need to know the knowledge anyone has on the smell down there...and how to fix it...my boyfriend says it doesn't smell but i think that it does..help please any advice would be wonderful!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2002, 12:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Ok relax,if your bf says it doesnt smell to him then you are fine.
It is normal to have a slight odor as long as it like a clean musky smell. It if smells like bread or fishy or any other bad odor then you need to get checked by your doctor. By most women have a slight odor to them and it is natural.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2002, 12:51 PM   #3

GlesgaGedle HB User
Shawty,
I'm with Blastoff on this one. I think most of us worry about smell at some point. We are supposed to have some smell like Blastoff pointed out, and if your boyfriend is cool with it then your set. Believe me if your boyfriend thought you smelled bad down there you'd know in a hurry as he probably wouldn't want near it. Good Luck!
Gles.

Old 12-12-2002, 01:20 PM   #4

shawty HB User
how do you get more people to reply to you on here?? some people have 30 replies...i guess i need to be more popular huh??

Old 12-12-2002, 01:39 PM   #5

chitrick HB User
Shawty,

I was just reading through some of these posts; and saw that you are begging for replies.

I'm a male, so will give my perspective. I wish I knew you when I was younger and dating! I once dated a very cute girl, who had the worst feminine order that I've ever experienced. And it was all the time. We dated for a year. For a year, I tried to talk to her about it; and convince her to begin using a vinegar rinse or something. She just refused to believe that it was so bad. I think her nose must have been out of order. There were even times that we'd begin to make love, and I'd lose my erection as soon as the panties came off. Needless to say, our relationship didn't last past the year.

So...I'd say this subject is pretty serious to a guy. And if your boyfriend doesn't seem to think that there is an odor...chances are there isn't an odor. But...if you still feel you need to do something for your own sake, then try a white vinegar douche ocassionally. I guess the vinegar is a good "odor neutralizer".

Old 12-12-2002, 01:52 PM   #6
Inactive

Lady^ HB User
Well, there are different types of odors. A mild, non offensive odor is natural. A strong fishy odor can occur after sex, or it could be a sign of an infection. There can also smell like urine, or, umm, like, umm, well - crap - and that means that she is not cleaning herself properly after using the bathroom.

If your boyfriend doesn't think the odor is bad then you probably shouldn't worry too much about it. If it's really bugging you then why don't you get some of those oils that are meant to be used during lovemaking. They smell and taste great and you can rub a bit on your genitals before you and your boyfriend get together.

Old 12-12-2002, 05:34 PM   #7
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
I went to walmart alittle while ago and i found something for under 3.00.
They are called NORFORMS they are suppositories you can use for sent. it says they are safe to use everyday even on your periods. I am going to try them.

Old 12-12-2002, 07:11 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
DON'T EVER DOUCHE. EVER.

EVER.

Did I say that loud enough?

If there's a bad odor down there, chances are that there's something WRONG. If your boy doesn't find anything wrong with it, don't worry about it.

Other than that, did you know that that slight musky smell is a turn-on for some boys? Yes. Even for some girls, too

So being completely odorless can be a turn-off too. Nothing like it being dry and odorless down there... how clinical!

Old 12-12-2002, 07:23 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

EeyoreII probably isnt wise to use them. Reason being the following. Douching was once considered safe. Now many,many doctors will tell women dont do it unless directed by a doctor to do so. Just because the box says it is safe doesnt make it so.

Think about this also...if we were meant to smell like flowers growing out of our vagina then we would have flowers growing out of us.
Those products arent good for you. They normally tend to cause infections hence more problems than they are worth.
Do a search about feminine hygiene products and if they are good or bad for your body. You will find alot of info giving you the facts that you dont need to be using them.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-12-2002, 07:27 PM   #10

eyeris HB User
I agree with wrin. Let your vagina smell like a vagina. There's this line in the Vagina Monolouges that hits on just this issue - how too many women are embarrassed of their normal and natural aromas and try so hard to cover them up. I too used to be self conscious about it, but when I got rid of my critical husband and got a sensitive and sexual man who LOVES my p**** and the scent, all that changed. He keeps my underwear close by when we can't be together just so he can sniff them when he masturbates. Be proud of your fragrance!

Old 12-13-2002, 10:39 PM   #11
Inactive

silverwill HB User
If he doesn't care about it, leave it alone. If you're that paranoid about it though (I used to be) If you wear cologne...after you get dressed, spray your pants in the front. It covers some of the scent up by being up against your skin all day & being nearby, but not in contact with your genitalia, so it doesn't affect the taste.
Don't ever douche though. It makes your vagina all yucky because your body will then start trying to re-establish it's pH levels after you do it.

Old 12-17-2002, 08:27 PM   #12

KimWantsABaby HB User
Just be sure you wash down there with soap and water good when you bathe. You might want to wear a scented pantyliner if you want. Otherwise, if the man says theres no problem, theres probably not one. All women have some sort of scent down there.

Old 12-18-2002, 03:27 AM   #13

Katelinrose28 HB User
If the BF says it smells ok it is probably fine.
Just wash every day with soap and water . If it still smells you might have a bacteria infection just go to your doctor. They can tell by a simple urine test. I agree with the other person NEVER DOUCHE !
It can cause cancer!

Katelin

Old 12-18-2002, 10:23 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Actually just washing with water is enough. The soap can cause problems too becuase it can get up inside the vagina and cause infections.
Water and a washcloth is enough to clean there.
But for those that insist on soap make sure it is gentle and not antibactial.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-18-2002, 10:59 AM   #15

chitrick HB User
Ok...Somebody please explain to me, why a white vinegar rinse in that area would be harmful. I've always understood that white vinegar is a very affective and natural neutralizer. There are no chemical additives, perfumes, preservatives etc. In fact, it is distilled, which further adds to its purity. I can understand why those commercial perfumed products would be harmful. I can even understand why any sort of douching on a frequent basis should be avoided. But I don't understand why you ladies would tell someone to NEVER EVER douche, no matter what. I just don't agree! Sorry!

Closed Thread