It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Women Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2002, 02:24 PM   #1
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
Question Passing out from Orgasm?

Ok, I posted this on the General board- but I'm posting here because I think it's more relevant to this board.

My girl friend and I were having sex recently. After our first go of it, we stopped to rest for a bit. During the rest, I started to perform oral sex on her. I also stimulated her G-spot with my fingers at the same time. She had several orgasms in a row (3 or 4) and then went completely limp in the chair. (The several orgasms part has happened before, but not her going limp.) Basically she passed out. I touched her cheek and she woke up- she said she was fine and it felt great.
Here's my question: I'd heard stories of people passing out from pleasure- but I didn't think they were true. Have any of you had any experience with passing out during/after oragsm?

Old 12-26-2002, 03:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
I replied on your other post. I hope you followed the advice but it seems like you havent. First she does need to see her doctor to make sure eveyrthingis alright. This can be a sign of SERIOUS problems and by serious I mean DEADLY.
It happens to some women and yes even some men.
But again I stress she needs to see her doctor to get a full check-up to make sure there is nothing wrong with her. This could be a sign of serious problems.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2002, 07:09 PM   #3
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
What sort of problems? I mean what should she tell her doctor to look for?

Old 12-26-2002, 09:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Like I said in my first post to you. She needs to tell her doctor exactly what happened,such as how it occurred,how long she was out and so on.
These are some of the things that can be going on.
Cardiac syncope-- sudden loss of consciousness, with momentary premonitory symptoms or without warning, due to cerebral anemia....
A fall in systemic blood pressure because of ineffective control of peripheral vascular resistance, and/or an acute decrease in cardiac output immediately following orgasm. There are, of course, other possible causes of loss of consciousness, including epileptic seizures (which can be dangerous if they occur at other times).
If unconsciousness is accompanied by a severe headache, the person may be having a specific type of migraine associated with a higher probability of stroke, what is called an "explosive headache" and the passing out may even be the result of a TIA (sort of a ministroke).

So she really needs to get it checked out. Like I said some people this just happens to but it does need tob e checked to make sure this isnt a sign of some huge problem.

TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-27-2002, 01:37 AM   #5

paulb HB User
Cool

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/yawn.gif

Old 12-27-2002, 05:31 AM   #6

MonsterBiceps HB User
It sounds like that if she didn't have any other side effects, and this does not become a routine event, then you don't have much to worry about. In my opinion.

Old 12-28-2002, 10:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

The reason I say she should get it checked is the sex books that I have read about this in say it is best to make sure this is not a sign of some other problem. Also have this "lovely book" that my PCM insists I have. Passing out like that is listed as one of the things to get checked throughly to make sure there isnt an underlying problem.

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 01-05-2003).]
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-29-2002, 10:08 AM   #8
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
Thanks so much for all the advice. Blastoff, I'm talking with her about doctor visit maybe. Thanks for the EMT advice as well. She *can* handle multiple orgasms, she just can't handle 4 right in a row (ie. one stops, then next one starts) she said it was basically like a 5 minute orgasm.)
Thanks everyone for the info. She said she feels fine, but I'm talking to her about just a checkup.

thanks so much.

Old 12-29-2002, 01:07 PM   #9
Inactive

Griffy HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Calixte_Silas:
Thanks so much for all the advice. Blastoff, I'm talking with her about doctor visit maybe. Thanks for the EMT advice as well. She *can* handle multiple orgasms, she just can't handle 4 right in a row (ie. one stops, then next one starts) she said it was basically like a 5 minute orgasm.)
Thanks everyone for the info. She said she feels fine, but I'm talking to her about just a checkup.

thanks so much.
You've contradicted yourself buddy. "She *can* handle multiple orgasms, she just can't handle 4 right in a row (ie. one stops, then next one starts)"

If she 'can' handle multiple orgasm's, yet can't* handle '4' in a row, which would fall into the category of a multiple orgasm, then in reality, she (can't) handle multiple orgasm's. :-)

If a female has an orgasm, then, has another one of which did not 'immediately' follow the last i.e. seconds or minutes between, it's not a multiple orgasm. In that case, it's just called (More then one orgasm). A multiple orgasm is one of which is prolonged and multiplied within a nonstop time frame.

Old 12-29-2002, 06:06 PM   #10
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
Ok fair enough. In that case let me clarify. She can't handle them seconds apart. Minutes apart aren't a problem, just when they come seconds apart.
Another question on the topic: Can someone pass out from lack of oxygen in that situation? She doesn't breathe much when she's having an orgasm.... is it possible that she could pass out from lack of oxygen or does the body force itself to start breathing before it comes to that point?

Old 12-29-2002, 07:18 PM   #11
Inactive

Griffy HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Calixte_Silas:
Ok fair enough. In that case let me clarify. She can't handle them seconds apart. Minutes apart aren't a problem, just when they come seconds apart.
Another question on the topic: Can someone pass out from lack of oxygen in that situation? She doesn't breathe much when she's having an orgasm.... is it possible that she could pass out from lack of oxygen or does the body force itself to start breathing before it comes to that point?

The brain will not force the body to breath until it is starved of oxygen to the point of which it cannot maintain it's normal, concious function. The normal breathing rate for an adult is 12-20/min. Anything below 8 has a high potential to make the brain starve, due to oxygen depravation. When this happens, it will, as I said before, 'restart' itself.

It is possible that she could pass out due to lack of O2, but it's very unlikely. The average lung volume, when full can supply the brain with enough O2 to maintain a conscious state for about 1 min. A person is able to forcefully make themselves pass out by holding their breath. Such an event can be seen in children when they hold temper tantrums.

If your girlfriend was to pass out due to oxygen depravation, you would see the following signs & symptoms. Cyanotic (Blue) skin, lips and also the skin under the fingernails. Before she passes out, she will most likely show signs of an altered mental status i.e. saying thing's that don't make sense, acting like she was intoxicated etc. etc.

Furthermore, if she was starved of oxygen, her loss of consciousness would last longer then a few seconds. As you said before, you touched her cheek and she woke up. In a situation as to where her brain was starved of oxygen, she would not have woken up when you touched her. Her skin would maintain it's cyanotic (Blue) color for a good number of seconds until the skin is able to be replenished with O2.

Old 12-30-2002, 10:14 AM   #12
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
Ok. Wow, you're just loaded with info. Thanks.
Yeah- we can rule out lack of 02, she didn't turn into a smurf. Hehe. I think it might have just been 'rebooting' like you said. Appreciate the info.

Old 12-31-2002, 01:49 PM   #13
(female)

Disposition HB User
I heard from a lady (whom is a sexual educator) that because so much stimulation is being focused on her genitals, a lot of blood is rushing down to that area, therefor leaving her head.
That's why a lot of people (myself included) get really light-headed after an orgasm. She also said that sometimes in great big orgasms, people who's bodies can't handle that much blood loss in their head will pass out quickly.
I shouldn't think it's something to worry about unless it starts hapenning often.

------------------
"Tomorrow may be better, but today I choose not to feel..."

Old 12-31-2002, 02:40 PM   #14
Inactive

silverwill HB User
Nope! Not a problem unless it happens often. I've already passed out from an awesome orgasm. It happens sometimes. It's not too big of a deal.

Also, paulb has had some pretty good advice on the topics I've visited. If you take a chance to read some of it, you'll see. I don't always agree, but I don't bash either.

Old 01-07-2003, 12:28 PM   #15
Inactive

JenniferB HB User
Well, I know after I've had great sex I'm so tired and content at the same time that I feel so sleepy and I do fall asleep, when I wake up I feel as if I did actually pass out cause it was such a deep sleep and so sudden. I dunno, probably much different than passing out though.

Closed Thread