It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 09:47 PM   #1
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
Burning after sex

In the past three days, after me and my boyfriend of have sex my vagina burns only after intercourse, not during or before.

Also in the past three days it has started to feel a little irritated down there like right on the vagina opening, and a little in, and it itches, and is the only place that itches during the day before sex, and it doesnt itch after sex either.

But my vagina gets a little red , and the vagina opening started to burn, then it spreads up to the lips, and my vagina opening doesnt burn as much.

Is this a sign of any std? i was learning about chlamydia , could it be any sign of that?

I dont have a problem urinating, and I have had a Track infection before, and know what that feels like

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2003, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Bruce HB User
You need to see a gyn doctor and get checked out. Gc and chlamyidia cultures should be done. Vaginitis can be caused by a variety of organisms including yeast and Trichimonas.

Do you have a discharge? Is it white, gray or yellow?

Bruce

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2003, 10:53 PM   #3
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
Discharge is just white, the day after it burned bad I had a lot of white discharge on my underwear...more than usual and it was thick...and that was about 6 days ago now? maybe 8. I started my period today, and im also on the pill so mayb thats why my discharge was thick then

Old 11-14-2003, 09:00 AM   #4

vickikt HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetMeKnot
Discharge is just white, the day after it burned bad I had a lot of white discharge on my underwear...more than usual and it was thick...and that was about 6 days ago now? maybe 8. I started my period today, and im also on the pill so mayb thats why my discharge was thick then
I had something of the same problem. When I went into my OBGYN they found I had a bacteria infection and prescribed an antibotic that made it go away. They say it is a common thing especially if this is a new partner, or if you are having sex on a more regular basis. It has to do with your ph balance and how it reacts. I would get it checked out for sure you do not want it getting worse if that is what it is. Don't quote me, but it sounds a lot like what I had. Hope that is helpful. Make sure to have them run a full STD check on you though since you want to rule out any other diseases as well. Good Luck!

Old 11-15-2003, 11:34 AM   #5
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
Thanks for the info...Do u think I would be able to go to like planned parenthood facility and get tests or do they not do it?

I couldnt ask my parents they'd think I had an std and was still very sexually active with my boyfriend-which I am, but I told them Im not.

Old 11-15-2003, 01:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Bruce HB User
The only way you would know for sure is to call the clinic. They are ongligated to keep your medical records confidential. STD carries a stigma, and actuaslly whatever organisms your partner carries you will harbor the same organisms.

As the last poster said you should be tested for all of the standard STD organisms, including gc, chlamydia, HIV, syphilis plus yeast and bacterial vaginosis. If you continue to have symptoms, a Herpes culture should be done.

The blood tests for Herpes and syphilis should be repeated in 3-4 weeks.

Bruce

Old 11-15-2003, 09:59 PM   #7
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
Im still itching down there during the day....i dont know about the burning because i havent engaged in sexual intercourse for 4 days.

Previously said it could be a bacteria infection...Well after we have sex i whipe the *** out and just the wetness down there with the blanket, or his boxers, which we then just put in the laundry. Would it be more sanitary adn safe for me to use baby wipes to whipe the *** off and kinda clean up after sex?? Is it okay to whipe sort of in the vagina with a baby whipe?

Old 11-15-2003, 10:01 PM   #8
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
whoops I didnt mean to use the word c** but i mean semen/body fluids..Im very sorry if i offended anyone didnt mean to use that word

Old 11-16-2003, 02:22 AM   #9

pandagirl HB User
If you are going to use baby wipes to clean up after, don't use it inside at all. that will probably make you even more sore.
You may wish to use wipes before and after sex, so that the chances of introducing bacteria to the vagina are reduced.

Old 11-16-2003, 06:47 PM   #10
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
Well today I had intercourse for kinda a long time, on and off...and it was a little sore, the normal soreness after not having intercourse for a while. So it didnt burn today. Maybe it's clearing up itself. Is that possible?

Old 11-17-2003, 09:54 PM   #11
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
Well tonight during intercourse it hurt on one side of the vagina wall, and burned. BUT it might of been because I didnt get very wet before intercourse. Im still looking into planned parenthood std testing or something.

Old 11-18-2003, 11:38 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

Bruce HB User
Look for a yelllow discharge which means a possible infection. You could have anything from Trich to chlamydia.

Do you or your partner use protection? As a rule, whatever organisms you carry, your partner carries the same oranismss. STD is not limited to the usual pathogens, but may include other bacteria and even Trich and gardnerella.

You need to be treated.

Bruce

Old 11-18-2003, 11:43 AM   #13

vickikt HB User
I went to Planned Parenthood. They are the ones who diagnosed me with the bacterial infection. You really should get checked out. You do not want this to be a serious problem.

After intercourse I always go to the bathroom, and I wash the area with a wash cloth. It is always a good thing to clean the area after intercourse, or so I have been told.

I hope that is somewhat helpful.

Old 11-18-2003, 02:08 PM   #14
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
Me and my boyfriend dont use condoms..im afraid. But we didnt start not using them til we had dated for over a year and a half. And I am on birth control, and if I ever get pregnant, we would have help to take care of the baby.

If I do in fact got an bacteria infection, after having sex I had always used the blanket like the corner of it to wipe the wetness, and like sliminess after sex away..And I beleive beacuse I just kept using the same part everytime, without washing it, it pry started something.

I am going to call planned parent hood today..but one thing for me is that I cannot let my grandparents ( i live with them) find out, beacuse they will think badly of me even more after they found out i had sex, and pry think i have a serious std or something.

Old 11-18-2003, 02:27 PM   #15
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
Well I called my planned parent hood..nearest to me. And they said they were only a birth control center..and they do one whole exam and its only for birth control. I dont know if she meant that they dont do STD testing, but thats just what she told me.

She then told me I should talk to my parents about it..YEAH RIGHT..If you've read any of my other posts about me especially on the teen boards u can see where they wouldnt be my first source.

I told her I had itching, and then after sex it burns, and sometimes during intercourse. And she said if I want to just go try Monostat 7 before I talk to my parents or talk to my doctor, to see if it is a Yeast Infection first.

I asked her if the medicine would hurt me if it wasnt a yeast infection, and she said no.

Hows that sound? Im going to go get the monostat 7 today anyways and start it out.

Closed Thread