It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2003, 10:27 AM   #1

maxmax HB User
Exclamation genital warts in mouth-HELP!!

I am a 20 year old female. I got genital warts with my boyfriend two months ago. We don't know who gave it to who. I have been using creams but have now discovered them in my MOUTH!! Anyone have experience with this? I can barely afford the Aldara cream. HOw can I treat them in my mouth? MY biggest fear is if I need to do anything serious to treat them in the mouth I would have to tell my parents and our relationship would never be the same. Especially right before Christmas! They will not understand! Please help me, the doctor I see at planned parenthood doesn't seem to care. Anyone have any experience with warts in the mouth, or parent or treatment problems? I would love to hear from you!

Old 12-08-2003, 11:15 AM   #2

angelface25 HB User
Re: genital warts in mouth-HELP!!

don't get nervous just yet............I went to the doc cause i had the bumps all over the back of my tounge...and i thought they were warts. turns out...most people confuse them with warts..but it's just a normall tissues that needs to be there.
where and how many do u have in the mouth?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2003, 11:38 AM   #3

maxmax HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface25
don't get nervous just yet............I went to the doc cause i had the bumps all over the back of my tounge...and i thought they were warts. turns out...most people confuse them with warts..but it's just a normall tissues that needs to be there.
where and how many do u have in the mouth?

Thank you so much for responding! I have about six to ten small bumps on the way back of my tongue. They look just like tiny warts-a pin head or double pin head size. It started as a sore throat and then I felt like a lump in my throat when I swallowed. Then the bumps showed up. What did yours look like? Do you have genital wart and that is why you thought they were in your mouth?

Old 12-08-2003, 11:47 AM   #4

angelface25 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmax
Thank you so much for responding! I have about six to ten small bumps on the way back of my tongue. They look just like tiny warts-a pin head or double pin head size. It started as a sore throat and then I felt like a lump in my throat when I swallowed. Then the bumps showed up. What did yours look like? Do you have genital wart and that is why you thought they were in your mouth?

yes..that's why i thought they were in my mouth.......they just look like bubbles I guess...
they were on the back of the tounge and the sides.....but went to a doc...and he said not to worry...it's normal!
My little 5 yr. old cousin has those bumps in her mouth too....it's just tissue..
i asked to doc if they can be removed..he said no, that i need that tissue.....
So...........don't sweat it girlie............YOU'RE OK!!!!!

Old 12-08-2003, 12:07 PM   #5

aab77 HB User

yes, dont worry. I had the same thing too! I think i was just paranoid that i would have it in my mouth. I have read here and on other boards that you would have to have a pretty commpromised immune system (maybe having HIV or AIDS or someother immunodeficiency) to be at a real risk of having them in your mouth.

Old 12-08-2003, 02:55 PM   #6

jdubb HB User

Wow, this makes me feel so much better... I am in the same boat. Because of my recent worry over possibly contracting HSV or HPV I have been examining my mouth and genital area daily... the other day I discovered bumps and wart-looking things on the back of my tongue and was very concerned that it could be oral HPV. I plan on going to the doctor to check it out anyway, but thanks for the info... it makes me feel a little better.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:37 PM   #7

maxmax HB User

Sorry it took me awhile to get back- Thank you SO SO much. More questions though- the bumps themselves are not irritated yet my throat is scratchy and just doesn't feel right. Was that for you also? And here is the big kicker! We looked in my boyfriends mouth tonight and he has the same exact thing almost like I transmitted it to him. Is it still possible it is just tissue?

!
My little 5 yr. old cousin has those bumps in her mouth too....it's just tissue..
So...........don't sweat it girlie............YOU'RE OK!!!!! [/QUOTE]

Old 12-08-2003, 10:00 PM   #8

aab77 HB User

yes my throat felt like i was sick or something right after i found out i had hpv. Since then i have had more sore throats than usual, or so it seems. Maybe it is related, but i have realized those bumps arents warts because they always stay the same. Since that tissue is apparently natural then it is pretty possible that you both have it... alot of people probably do, if not everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmax
Sorry it took me awhile to get back- Thank you SO SO much. More questions though- the bumps themselves are not irritated yet my throat is scratchy and just doesn't feel right. Was that for you also? And here is the big kicker! We looked in my boyfriends mouth tonight and he has the same exact thing almost like I transmitted it to him. Is it still possible it is just tissue?

!
So...........don't sweat it girlie............YOU'RE OK!!!!!
[/QUOTE]

Old 12-09-2003, 08:49 AM   #9
Inactive

KimRick HB User

I noticed the same thing in the back of my mouth the other day, when I had a sore throat and now I'm sick! It's probably just tissue that inflames when we're sick. I really wouldn't worry about it!

Old 02-18-2004, 03:01 AM   #10
(female)

Jenmak HB User

i found pink bumps on the very back of my tongue last nite!!.. there are about 5-6 spreafdout with a diameter of around 3 mm... does this sound liek warts????plz help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRick
I noticed the same thing in the back of my mouth the other day, when I had a sore throat and now I'm sick! It's probably just tissue that inflames when we're sick. I really wouldn't worry about it!

Old 02-18-2004, 10:55 AM   #11
(female)

Lonely810810 HB User

Plus it is hard to get them in your mouth it is a very rare case for genital warts to get in your mouth....

Old 02-18-2004, 04:45 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmak
i found pink bumps on the very back of my tongue last nite!!.. there are about 5-6 spreafdout with a diameter of around 3 mm... does this sound liek warts????plz help.
Why are you getting all paranoid? It's pretty obvious from the previous posters that they are not warts.

Closed Thread