It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 12:08 PM   #1

Royalty HB User
Short term antibiotics may not be enough

I had a urinary tract infection that I caught sexually. I had it for a while before I realized what was going on. Anyway, to make a long story short, short term antibiotics did not work for me. if you have ANY weird symptoms after having a "UTI" or STD, get back on long term antibiotics. If you have any burning while urinating, testicle, pain, folliculitis, penis pain, kidney pain, rashes (that doc says isnt herpes or yeast), freguent urination, discharge after urinating or ejagulation, weird stains on your under wear, joint pain, blurred vision ect, blood shot eyes, sores in mouth, white coating on tongue (that doc says isnt thrush), weird acne or persistant burning in chest or stomach.........ask about long term antibiotics. The bacteria can end up in tour connective tissue and bones, not to mention eyes and organs.

I have been on Cipro for the past 4.5 weeks and I still have 3.5 weeks to go. If the doctors did their job right the first time I would be out of this mess. (I tested negative for everything several times including the herpeselect and PCR tests for Mycoplasma, ureaplasma, and Chlamydia. I test negative on all HIV, Hepatitis ect.............everything. They dont test for all bacteria and sometimes the short term antibiotics can knock out the local bacteria in the blader but the germs that already made it to the joints or prostate remains. (and your doc will say....hey, i treated you so you are fine)

I have read lots of posts here and it seems that many still think they might have a std after treatment.

PS- many types of bacteria are completely resistant to certain drugs like pennicilin or tetracycline.

ask for Cipro, levaquin, biaxin, or zithro for at least 4 weeks. then go back and maybe see if you can switch to another just to make sur the germs are killed.

For those that think they have herpes but all docs say "no"and tests are negative...get on antibiotics ASAP. weird marks in the genitals are not normal!!!!!!!

If you follow this advice and your doctor perscribes antibiotics- You may feel terrible for a couple weeks. this is called the herxhiemer effect. Lots of bad bacteria is dying and releasing its toxins into your blood stream. Or, you may feel great...either way use it for at least a month.

Drink lots of water, eat lots of fiber and protein, take acidophillus, and sleep well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #2

operationz HB User
Re: Short term antibiotics may not be enough

Royalty, did any of your symptoms include pain in the spermatic cord (just above the epididymis, not in the testicle but just above it, hives, pains in ribs under the armpits) I have had this for almost 2 years and cannot get to the bottom of it. My urine and smears are free of bacteria. Appreciate your response.

Old 02-11-2004, 08:21 AM   #3

Royalty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by operationz
Royalty, did any of your symptoms include pain in the spermatic cord (just above the epididymis, not in the testicle but just above it, hives, pains in ribs under the armpits) I have had this for almost 2 years and cannot get to the bottom of it. My urine and smears are free of bacteria. Appreciate your response.

rib pain and pain in the spermatic cord.....YES

pain under arm pits .........no- their are lymph nodes there

Hives......some skin involvement here.

Your urine is free of bacteria they specically test for

They dont test for mycoplasma, ureaplasma, or many other bacteria. Some bacteria like E Coli or salmonella are very common yet they dont test.

Did you ever have any other symptoms? No matter how small

Old 02-11-2004, 09:07 PM   #4

operationz HB User

This all happened after unprotected oral sex. The girl has cfids so who knows what germs lurk in her body. Three days after she did the act, my penis got really sensitive....like when shower water fell on it i winced and pulled back. Uro gave me some antibiotic.
Then i noticed this pain in left spermatic cord.....like it was being slightly squeezed by a tweezer. Went to infectious disease guy...had cat scan done....swab tests... blood tests...urine tests...nothin' ! In the beginning the tip of penis stinged alot but now it happens only occasionally. I got and still get hives on neck and chest...types I NEVER got before. I do not have the urge to urinate or anything like that......As of right now the main complaint is that squeezing feeling in BOTH spermatic cords....which is real friggin frequent and the pain in the ribs below the armpits. I have researched the net for TWO years trying to find what can cause this reaction to a blowjob....bacteria,viruses, human herpes virus 6, fungi etc. My doctors just scratch their heads. The woman found out she has a high viral load to this human herpes 6, if that means anything.
I have herpes 2 already from ten years ago but this squeezing pain was never there till this stupid act in 2002. Thanks for listening. Hope this gives you more insight. I'll be waiting for your reply. Thanks again.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:23 AM   #5

anoniem123 HB User

I am suffering of some of the symtoms you discribe, Royalty... I am coping with a sore penis, sticky discharge with white-yellowish dots in it producing a very foul smell for a year now. I once received a amoxicillin antibiotic of 5 days for a infection of my jaw. This did not only cure the infection in my mouth, but it made the smell and the discharge go away for a couple of days, so I'm thinking of a stubborn bacteria...

A month ago these same symtoms appeared in my mouth too(sore throat, white sticky discharge, white coating on my tongue and terrible smell), so I immediatly thought of an STD. Now that you mension it, i'm having somewhat of a blurred vision. I went to a STD-clinic and was tested for gonorrea and chlamydia. Both tests turned out to be negative.

The doctor won't help me, because I was already tested and thinks it's nothing serious. I'm not so sure about this myself. I am now dealing with continuous pains in my chest(still getting worse), stomach and testicles. I will have them checked out soon. I think I will bring your story with me.

Greetz, Jan

Old 02-12-2004, 07:30 AM   #6

Royalty HB User

Operationz- I think you may possibly have ureaplasma infection from oral sex. I know a dude that has it and he caught it orally. Do a web search for this bacteria and also mycoplasma gennitalium (sp?). PCR tests detect these bacteria. Doctors think only 4 bacteria can be spread sexaully for some reason (gonnorhea, chlamydia, trich, and syphillus). Just get on Cipro for a month and see what happens. Forget the testing. It maybe another bacteria besides what I speculated

ps mycoplasma goes hand and hand w/ cfs bro. Kill it now with Cipro and then some zithromax (at least a month each)

Old 02-12-2004, 07:37 AM   #7

Royalty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoniem123
I am suffering of some of the symtoms you discribe, Royalty... I am coping with a sore penis, sticky discharge with white-yellowish dots in it producing a very foul smell for a year now. I once received a amoxicillin antibiotic of 5 days for a infection of my jaw. This did not only cure the infection in my mouth, but it made the smell and the discharge go away for a couple of days, so I'm thinking of a stubborn bacteria...

A month ago these same symtoms appeared in my mouth too(sore throat, white sticky discharge, white coating on my tongue and terrible smell), so I immediatly thought of an STD. Now that you mension it, i'm having somewhat of a blurred vision. I went to a STD-clinic and was tested for gonorrea and chlamydia. Both tests turned out to be negative.

The doctor won't help me, because I was already tested and thinks it's nothing serious. I'm not so sure about this myself. I am now dealing with continuous pains in my chest(still getting worse), stomach and testicles. I will have them checked out soon. I think I will bring your story with me.

Greetz, Jan

5 days isnt enough. white coating on tongue is a sign that the body has toxins that are creating a problem in the gut (yeast and or bacteria). Discaharge is bacteria related. Sore penis -balanitis caused by inflamed prostate or bacteria in urethera. Ever get tiny abbrasions at the opening of penis? The bacteria is doing that as it leaves to penis dude.

PS tell doc your balls hurt. He will give you cipro

Get on cipro ASAP. Then some zithromax

Old 02-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #8

operationz HB User

Thanks royalty. I'll check into it. Peace. operationz

Old 02-13-2004, 08:35 PM   #9

operationz HB User

Royalty, by the way, how are your symptoms after being on the cipro for over a month? operationz

Old 02-14-2004, 09:42 AM   #10

Royalty HB User

Quote:
Royalty, by the way, how are your symptoms after being on the cipro for over a month? operationz

Unfortunately for me the infection spread to my joints. They were really bad (fingers, toes, knees, spine, ankles, jaw ect....) My doctors *********** up. Im talking to a dude from england who said the same things happed to him but his joints dont hurt anymore (he said all his joints made crunching noises at one point). He had the bacteria in his eyes and organs.....near death! He is fine now (after going undiagnosed for a year and a half)

After starting the cipro the pain in my fingers are almost gone. My knees are much better but my spine still hurts but is better. I was told by two people to use biaxin after the cipro and that will make the spine pain go away. The biaxin is better for joints (the cipro is more for the prostate)

My penis pain is almost gone. My urethera used to stick together tight all the time and now barely does.

If my doc's did their job in september and october I would be fine now. In november i speciifally asked for antibiotics and they said no because all my tests were negative. Total idiots! Im bring them to court.

Old 02-14-2004, 11:09 AM   #11

operationz HB User

It seems this crap happens a lot......you have to become your own doctor. Is the pain in the spermatic cord still there or comes and goes? guys who never went thru this have no idea what the phrase "pain in the balls" really means!

Old 02-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #12

Royalty HB User

Quote:
It seems this crap happens a lot......you have to become your own doctor. Is the pain in the spermatic cord still there or comes and goes? guys who never went thru this have no idea what the phrase "pain in the balls" really means!

cord- pain still there. I think it takes a long time for antibiotics to reach the prostate and testes. seriously dude, i would get the drugs fast if i were you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like today. you dont want to end up sterile!

Old 02-15-2004, 07:13 PM   #13

missnicole HB User

i just wanted to say that i feel for all of u and hope that u all find that right doctor that can help you. the things you have discribed make me, a chick, wince in pain. if i could, id give u all a big hug and make it all go way

Old 02-17-2004, 07:39 PM   #14

operationz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnicole
i just wanted to say that i feel for all of u and hope that u all find that right doctor that can help you. the things you have discribed make me, a chick, wince in pain. if i could, id give u all a big hug and make it all go way
Thanks Miss Nicole......MTV and the *******s who run it should interview people with stds on their network and show what all this " get laid mentality" gets ya. It gets them a lot of money and they could give a rat who suffers after doing the acts they promote so heavily.

Old 02-26-2004, 09:30 PM   #15

myst0ryman HB User

"Now that you mension it, i'm having somewhat of a blurred vision. I went to a STD-clinic and was tested for gonorrea and chlamydia. Both tests turned out to be negative.

The doctor won't help me, because I was already tested and thinks it's nothing serious. I'm not so sure about this myself. I am now dealing with continuous pains in my chest(still getting worse), stomach and testicles. I will have them checked out soon. I think I will bring your story with me."

This is me... my doc told me its in my head, but i know its not.. i have visable irritation at the tip of my penis, so it CANT be in my head... i dont know what to do though, cuz he doesnt want to treat me with more antibiotics cuz i tested negative and have been treated short-term a couple times with various medicines. i had unprotected sex, got checked cuz of SEVERE pain in testicles, mainly my left. results all negative, but treatment with cipro n other stuff helped a ton, only to have the pain return days after treatment ceased. the pain and discomfort has never left, and i have redness and irritation at the tip of my penis. it used to burn when i peed, now it just feels awkward. i also have pain in my left mid-lower back and pain in my stomach on the left side, about 4-5 inches below my bellybutton. needless to say, the pain is gradually coming back again, and im stuck with no option really but to be in pain and be worried about what is goin on inside of me.

Last edited by myst0ryman; 03-11-2004 at 07:49 AM.

Closed Thread