It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2004, 07:46 AM   #1

kittynip HB User
Unhappy Can Oral Chlamydia or Gonorrhea Spread?!?!

I am confused. In all the articles I read, it says it is possible for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea to be spread through penis-to-mouth. I had unprotected oral sex one time, and I'm wondering, if I contracted either of these at that time...would it out me at risk for PID or infertility even though it never reached my vagina? This doesn't make logical sense, but no websites have clarified that. How would something in your mouth spread to and scar your fallopian tubes? Someone please let me know!

Old 03-01-2004, 08:57 PM   #2

hb2002 HB User
Re: Can Oral Chlamydia or Gonorrhea Spread?!?!

What are the symptoms?

Gonorrhea, and occasionally chlamydia, can also infect the back of the throat, but not inside the mouth. These infections rarely cause throat symptoms, so you may not realize you are infected.

How is it spread?

You can get gonorrhea or chlamydia in the back of the throat by performing oral sex on an infected penis. It is almost impossible to get infected by deep kissing, oral-vaginal sex or rimming.

Treatment and follow-up

Oral gonorrhea is treated with Suprax, chlamydia with doxycycline. You need two follow-up tests because these throat infections are more difficult to test for, and harder to treat. Men on whom you have performed oral sex should get treated too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittynip
I am confused. In all the articles I read, it says it is possible for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea to be spread through penis-to-mouth. I had unprotected oral sex one time, and I'm wondering, if I contracted either of these at that time...would it out me at risk for PID or infertility even though it never reached my vagina? This doesn't make logical sense, but no websites have clarified that. How would something in your mouth spread to and scar your fallopian tubes? Someone please let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread