It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2004, 10:16 PM   #1

myst0ryman HB User
HELP! Long-term effects of untreated UTI

About 7.5 months ago i had unprotected sex with a girl and a week later developed pain in my testicles and the tip of my penis. Red irritation occured at the tip of my penis and as the next 2 weeks progressed i also developed severe stomach and testicular pain, as well as a burning when i urinated and in my spermatic cords. The pain got to a point to where i couldnt even stand up sometimes, it was so intense that i had major problems walking sometimes. I was tested at a clinic about 3 weeks after sex, only to have all results come back negative. The only abnormality is i have protein in my urine. I was treated for Clamydia anyways, and this helped a TON. However, symptoms came back, although in a less severe intensity than before about 1 week after taking the single dose of medicine (Cipro i believe). I went back to the clinic and was given med to cure Tricomaniasis (spelling?) and other various bacterial infections. This was VERY effective, and i lost all pain for about a week.
The pain came back again, however, and i was forced to go to my local doctor. He thought it might be a type of Gonoreah not caught in STD checks, so he treated me for that. This medicine was largely unsuccessful, and i had to go to a urologist.
By the time all this unfolded and i made it to the urologist it had been about 4 months since i had sex, and a good 1.5 months or so since i had severe pain. He said everything was normal, and i couldn't have a bacterial infection after taking all the medications. I persuaded him to treat me anyways, and he gave me some medicine to kill bacteria also. This medicine seemed to work well, but a week into treatment i was getting such bad dizzy spells that i had to quit taking it. After that he wouldnt give me anything for bacterial infection and is sure that it is 'in my head'. I was having pain in my kidney, not just my bladder at the time, so i got my kidney scanned to make sure there were no stones present. After that came back ok, he said the only thing he wants to pursue is a problem with the nerves in my back causing the pain, and that he doesnt think all this pain and symptoms are related to my sexual encounter at all.
This is ridiculous, and i dont know where to go from here. 7.5 months later, im still searching for something solid to cling to. I am sure that i still have a bacterial infection, and the one time doses and short term doses of medicine just werent enough to completely eradicate the bacteria. Is it possible that by taking these medicines without killing off the bacteria has mutated my infection into an even stronger and harder to kill bacteria? And what could be the effects if i do have some type of STD that has potential long-term health risks? I dont think it is something as common as Clamydia, because symptoms for that are usually non-existant or mild. Please give me your input or ideas of what you think is going on, or advice, especially if you've been through a similar experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2004, 08:00 AM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: HELP! Long-term effects of untreated UTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by myst0ryman
About 7.5 months ago i had unprotected sex with a girl and a week later developed pain in my testicles and the tip of my penis. Red irritation occured at the tip of my penis and as the next 2 weeks progressed i also developed severe stomach and testicular pain, as well as a burning when i urinated and in my spermatic cords. The pain got to a point to where i couldnt even stand up sometimes, it was so intense that i had major problems walking sometimes. I was tested at a clinic about 3 weeks after sex, only to have all results come back negative. The only abnormality is i have protein in my urine. I was treated for Clamydia anyways, and this helped a TON. However, symptoms came back, although in a less severe intensity than before about 1 week after taking the single dose of medicine (Cipro i believe). I went back to the clinic and was given med to cure Tricomaniasis (spelling?) and other various bacterial infections. This was VERY effective, and i lost all pain for about a week.
The pain came back again, however, and i was forced to go to my local doctor. He thought it might be a type of Gonoreah not caught in STD checks, so he treated me for that. This medicine was largely unsuccessful, and i had to go to a urologist.
By the time all this unfolded and i made it to the urologist it had been about 4 months since i had sex, and a good 1.5 months or so since i had severe pain. He said everything was normal, and i couldn't have a bacterial infection after taking all the medications. I persuaded him to treat me anyways, and he gave me some medicine to kill bacteria also. This medicine seemed to work well, but a week into treatment i was getting such bad dizzy spells that i had to quit taking it. After that he wouldnt give me anything for bacterial infection and is sure that it is 'in my head'. I was having pain in my kidney, not just my bladder at the time, so i got my kidney scanned to make sure there were no stones present. After that came back ok, he said the only thing he wants to pursue is a problem with the nerves in my back causing the pain, and that he doesnt think all this pain and symptoms are related to my sexual encounter at all.
This is ridiculous, and i dont know where to go from here. 7.5 months later, im still searching for something solid to cling to. I am sure that i still have a bacterial infection, and the one time doses and short term doses of medicine just werent enough to completely eradicate the bacteria. Is it possible that by taking these medicines without killing off the bacteria has mutated my infection into an even stronger and harder to kill bacteria? And what could be the effects if i do have some type of STD that has potential long-term health risks? I dont think it is something as common as Clamydia, because symptoms for that are usually non-existant or mild. Please give me your input or ideas of what you think is going on, or advice, especially if you've been through a similar experience.
Do a search on Reiter's Syndrome. Print out the info and insist that your doc give you a referral to another urologist. Take the info with you. Request long term antibiotics.
good luck.

Old 03-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #3

myst0ryman HB User

I looked up info on Reiter's Syndrome, but I am pretty sure that's not what is plauging me. I don't have discharge or the other pains associated with Reiter's, in fact I barely even have 2 of the symptoms. While im not ruling it out, I dont think that this is what I have. Any other suggestions?

Old 03-02-2004, 12:59 PM   #4
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by myst0ryman
I looked up info on Reiter's Syndrome, but I am pretty sure that's not what is plauging me. I don't have discharge or the other pains associated with Reiter's, in fact I barely even have 2 of the symptoms. While im not ruling it out, I dont think that this is what I have. Any other suggestions?
well... only this one: Mycoplasma genitalium. Look it up, see what you think.
Good luck!

Closed Thread