It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2004, 08:03 PM   #1

musicgirl00 HB User
Talking Molloscum Results

Hello everyone who previously posted a molloscum question or has had/have molloscum. I have it right now and am in the process of getting rid of it as you may have read in previous posts. I want to keep this thread open for all of us to post what we are doing and how we are treating it and our results. I know some people have it for a long time and i want to keep track of everyone's symptoms and progression. Maybe it will help all of us get over this, and hopefully quicker than we would normally. So please post your molloscum stats for us to share and get through together.

Thanks! And good luck everyone.

Right now I have about 4 and am on Aldera cream. I popped 2 of them and left 2 alone. We will see what happens. I am also using alcohol on the area every night.

Last edited by musicgirl00; 03-19-2004 at 08:04 PM.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:14 PM   #2

Weeping Willow HB User
Re: Molloscum Results

Right now I have 2 and my b/f just broke out with his first 2 a week or so ago. One is swelling up and becoming red, just like the other 2 that I had right before they went away on their own. The other is a teeny tiny thing, not even big enough to count at this point.
I'm using and trying different things. I have found that Compound W seems to dry them out better but also use alcohol and tee tree oil. I have epsom's salt that I use while taking a bath. I tried to pop the larger one but worried that it would spread and/or scar so I just left it alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2004, 06:13 PM   #3

musicgirl00 HB User

OK, well i now have 6 and one that im not sure what it is. The ones i popped are still there and the ones that i left alone seem to be going away. Someone told me to pop them and I did. But word of advise "Do NOT pop them!" If someone tells you to dont listen to them. They just got worse and now they are really noticable. I hate these things and I am sooo frustrated What is this compound W thing you are talking about? Was it pescribed to you?

Old 03-22-2004, 04:17 AM   #4

musicgirl00 HB User

i looked up info on compound w. Does it burn? Did you put it near your vagina at all?

Old 03-22-2004, 02:50 PM   #5

Weeping Willow HB User

Compound W is an OTC wart medicine. I only have 2 bumps, one on each thigh....not close enough to my do-dah to matter what I put on them. It didn't burn me but it did my b/f since his is closer to his more sensitive parts. Both of ours seem to be drying up. I have probably had these breaking out on me for about 2 1/2-3years and really never thought twice about it until this Jan. If I'm not mistaken I believe my very first ones were on my right knee.......very odd. Anyhow, good luck getting rid of these things. I feel so dirty and embarassed every time I look at them.

Last edited by Weeping Willow; 03-22-2004 at 02:51 PM.

Old 03-23-2004, 06:06 PM   #6

musicgirl00 HB User

The ones i popped are now beginning to go away at it seems the same rate as the ones i didnt pop. They just looked worse. It is looking good. I've been on Aldera Cream for two weeks. I am continuing treatment for two more weeks. Hopefully things will turn out well. How is everyone else doing?

Old 04-06-2004, 01:43 AM   #7

Weeping Willow HB User

I'm not sure what to make of mine. One day I can feel 10-20 on each leg just barely under the skin. Not even big enough to pop up. The next day most of them are gone but 1 or 2 has popped up and are very tiny. The next day the tiny ones are gone, on occasion 1 may stay very small and/or get irritated and swollen. Right now I have one that is irritated but going away and 3 small ones. Last night my legs were smooth but tonight I can feel them under my skin. I have no idea on what to make of this.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:45 AM   #8

Weeping Willow HB User

BTW I have cut out the compound W, the smell made me sick. I have only been using tea tree oil when I shower and rubbing alcohol every night. It seems to work since most of them disappear before they become a real topical bump.

Old 04-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #9

Brokenmind HB User

Yeah these things do suck. I noticed 5 of them pop up out of nowhere a little over a month ago in my pelvic region. Took me a while to figure out what the hell they were and by then they did spread a little sparatically around the base of my penis. God I wouldnt have even known they were there because they dont itch or bother me or anything. Anyone know how long you usually have the virus before it actually does break out? I have heard everyone talk about the ones that appear on your theigh and to be honest I remember having one of those a 'LONG' time ago and thought nothing of it to be honest. If you have them as a child, which they say is common, does that mean you have them for the rest of your life and could be a cause for the outbreak? I also read that warm, tropical climates are preffered for them and its so ironic that after moving to FL for two months they suddenly popped up. I have been trying the Tea Tree Oil thing too for the past couple weeks. Cant really tell if its working or not, could be too soon but I do know that it is drying up my skin so its doing something. That is some strong stuff. I use a q-tip when i apply it and then toss it in a plastic cup...the next morning that crap ate right through the cup . I have also noticed that they seem to be more red and noticeable after i've been at work in full dress...yet every morning when i wake up they are almost invisble and flesh colored. Well I just hope this tea tree stuff does help the process. I do it twice a day. Does the alcohol really work? any suggestions on an order for putting all this on? When I move back home this month i'll probably go to the doctor and see whats up. Problem with having them where they are, is that my dick rubs up against them most likely when i sleep and the last thing i need is them all over that . Atleast they are not warts or blistering herpes...more of an embarrasment than anything else...too bad they are so contagious.

Old 04-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #10

musicgirl00 HB User

I have them all over my legs, i think thats what it is. They are small bumps just barely raised that have been there for a while, and on my arms. I dont know what to do. I'm not doing anything for them right now. i dont even know if thats what they are since they dont have a dimple on them. I dont know what to do about them. I tried the tea tree oil. It smells really bad lol. do you put a lot of that on? What are you guys usuing? what do you do about the smell of the tree tea oil? Is anyone usuing anything with Aldera? I heard it takes about 6 weeks to get the infection to show up. It took me about 6 weeks to get mine, then another month before mine spread. Anyone have any advice? Nothing is seeming to work. They are everywhere!

Old 04-11-2004, 11:22 PM   #11

Weeping Willow HB User

Rubbing alcohol and tea tree oil is still working for me. I have no new ones and the 2 I still have are barely noticable. My b/f's cleared up in a matter of days and I haven't noticed any new ones on him. I have noticed that a lot of friction.....pants rubbing/etc.. and heat do tend to make them swell out more. I try to wear loose fitting and breathable clothing, rubbing down with a cottonball soaked in alcohol whenever I go to the restroom.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:35 AM   #12

Brokenmind HB User

Before I do this, I wanted to see what others think of this idea. I have read that when people try to take off the bumps themselves, that it causes them to spread like a raging fire. I've read of people who have done it themselves and nothing happened. I find it weird that people say not to do that when one of the options the doctor uses is to 'cut' them off. About three weeks ago, I wanted to see what would happen if i did cut one off so very prepared, I took a very fine needle and proceeded to carefully peel away the bump. Didnt hurt and it came off pretty quickly. Yes, it did bleed, not profusly but in a manner that it didnt seem to want to stop. I then kept blotting it and using alcohol on it. As I recall no new bumps sprouted up and as of right now it is basically just a little scar, since molluscum is part of the pox virus just picture the little *** you had left when you were a child after chicken pox. Now, i'm thinking of taking off the main 7 that seemed to have caused this for me in the first place. I didnt know about tea tree oil then and i've also read on many healthboards that bandages keep them from speading since it keeps them from rubbing on anything else. Now i just saw on tv that there is a new liquid bandage that does the same thing as a bandage without the long bandage. So bottom line, i think i'm going to carefully pick each one off tonight, then clean them with alcohol, take a shower, put some neosporin on them, use that new liquid bandage and then use the oil on the rest for now. Do you think i'm crazy for doing that? I just think that since the last one is just a small scar, barely noticeable, i'd rather get rid of them now rather then have to battle them for 9 months. What do you guys think?

Old 04-13-2004, 01:36 PM   #13
(female)

Kekedi HB User

you know what is weird my boyfriend got these when we went to FL for a month also.

Old 04-15-2004, 12:44 AM   #14

musicgirl00 HB User

I dont think that sounds like a bad idea. I covered a few with clear nail polish and seemed to keep them from spreading. Make sure you clean the area alot before and after you pop them. Also, the spreading from popping them might not happen for a few weeks. It took a month after i popped one for it to spread. My ex's outbreak lasted shorter than mine. His came about in late february and ended late march. He did nothing but put rubbing alcohol and witch hazel on them, although they are on different parts of his body now. Does anyone have small bumps on parts of their body that dont really look like molloscum but like an itchy rash? My ex and i seemed to get this along with the molloscum.

Old 04-15-2004, 06:05 AM   #15

Brokenmind HB User

Well i went through with it and took off about 15 of them. I felt like I was in an operating room with all the little utensils and stuff I had prepared. Went really well, and was surprised as to how easy most of them came off. When I picked them, most of the had a very 'hard' center almost like a zit that sat too long on your face. I still use the tea tree oil on them and I wash them well with antibacterial liquid soap every morning and night in the shower. I hope this works and keeps them from spreading any more. I put mole skin over them the first night to keep anything from rubbing up against them and letting the spot heal some and close up. Wish me luck. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Closed Thread