It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 11:53 AM   #1

21 WITH ?'S HB User
Question small red bumps in pubic area

i went to the dr to get an hiv test and a pap when i got there the dr looked at what i thought was herpes and she said well yeah you prolly got herpes, i had allready got some info off the internet and assumed she was wrong. i requested some antiviral meds witch i took every 5 hrs for 5 days. didnt help. so i went back with a larger rash of bumps like 10-15 of them, she didnt look at them at all just gave more of the same meds, so i took them again with no change. i have gotten a mouth sore in the same spot on my lip(on the lip not off onto the skin at all) 2 times now, its not a painfull sore just like dry skin but it wont go away. i am just wondering what i have and how to treat it becouse i have 2 small children i dont want to pass it on to. please help me find out what i got!

Old 08-31-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

reni HB User
Re: small red bumps in pubic area

Why do you assume the doctor was wrong when she told you you had herpes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 08:47 PM   #3

21 WITH ?'S HB User

the reason i assume the dr was wrong is the spots i have are not oosy like herpes and they are not even like blisters just little bumps almost like a razor burn with no bloody scab. i thought that herpes was well i just saw pics online and i dont think that's what mine look like. and the pap smear came back fine.wouldnt that show up on the pap?

Old 09-01-2004, 08:00 PM   #4

musicgirl00 HB User

Im not a doctor, but It sounds like molloscum to me. Check it out, its not a serious condition and it goes away. Its an STD that not many know about but many people have. It is contagious and you can catch it in many ways. IF this is what it is, try not to shave and always wash the area with ANTIBACTERIAL soap. Ask your doctor about this condition and see what they think.

Old 09-02-2004, 08:25 AM   #5

Fetch HB User

You may also just have something like folliculitus (sp?). It's small to large red bumps that are infected hair follicules. I had it, was convinced that I had herpes... saw the doc and they put me on antibiotics (Keflex) which cleared it right up. So, just a suggestion, you may want to bring up the possibility with the doc.

Old 09-02-2004, 05:05 PM   #6

21 WITH ?'S HB User

thankx guys ill check into all of it but i am very worried you have made me feel a little better anyway. thanks again

Closed Thread