It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2004, 04:06 AM   #1

stacyt88 HB User
Arrow Genital Warts

What are the alternatives to removing genital warts?? I've had the "acid treatment" done and I just don't think I can go through that again. I've never felt such pain in my life. Does anyone know of any natural ways to remove them?? Or, what other alternatives are there for removal than burning them off. Please respond!!!

Old 12-19-2004, 11:55 PM   #2

ThisStinks HB User
Re: Genital Warts

I know of a lot of people who took the natural route and were successful. Hear is a list of natural remedies:

1. Tea tree oil, Vitamin E oil, and Garlic oil mixed together and then applied to the warts
2. Aloe Vera/Aloe Vera Gel applied to the warts
3. Quit Smoking/Drinking/Drug Use
4. Exercise Regularly
5. Take a multivitamin everyday
6. Drink Water

I also heard those at home wart remover kits are good for removing warts. Good luck and stay healthy.

-This Stinks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #3

stacyt88 HB User

[QUOTE=ThisStinks]I know of a lot of people who took the natural route and were successful. Hear is a list of natural remedies:

1. Tea tree oil, Vitamin E oil, and Garlic oil mixed together and then applied to the warts
2. Aloe Vera/Aloe Vera Gel applied to the warts
3. Quit Smoking/Drinking/Drug Use
4. Exercise Regularly
5. Take a multivitamin everyday
6. Drink Water

I also heard those at home wart remover kits are good for removing warts. Good luck and stay healthy.

-This Stinks[/QUOTE

Have you tried any of these "remedies"? How much of #1 do you use of each?? What about the aloe vera gel?? I always heard that using the home wart remover was not for genital warts - have you, or anyone you know, tried it?? Thanks for the response!!

Old 01-05-2005, 02:16 PM   #4
Veteran

sickofit HB User

I've had genital warts for about a year and a half and I've tried just about everything except for laser surgery. The "doctor" alternatives to acid treatments are: Aldara, freezing (liquid nitrogen), podophollyn, condylox, and laser surgery. There's probably others, but I think those are the ones used in the majority of cases. Unfortunately, there is usually some pain to be expected with all of these options - some worse than others. Aldara is good because you can use it at home and if it irritates your skin too much you can take a break and start again when the irritation lessens. That seemed to help some of my warts. The freezing hurt like hell I thought and really didn't do much for any of my warts. The podophollyn is kind of hard to get in my area - it seemed to work, but I only had one treatment and then they ran out! That was pretty irritating on my skin too. Right now I'm using Condylox - I'm pretty excited because it's definitely working! You put it on at home twice a day for three days and then off for four days - up to a max of 4 cycles. The only problem I'm having with it is by the third 'on' day I am in some serious pain. To me it's worth it though because I've had these for so long!

I also tried OTC Compound W even though it says not to use for genital warts. It seemed to help, but was pretty irritating and you had to use it twice a day for 12 weeks.

I'm also not one to put much stock in 'natural' remedies, but only because nothing seemed to work for me. I tried Beta-mannan (that aloe vera stuff), and that didn't do anything. I tried Warts No More and that made my warts gigantic, which they say is supposed to happen before they go away, but unfortunately mine never went away - they just stayed gigantic. I also quit smoking and drinking - and that's highly overrated because again it didn't make a difference either way except to make me nic-fit for quite awhile! I tried drinking lots of water, taking all sorts of daily vitamins, and even went to a Homeopathic (natural healing) doctor and was put on all sorts of different things - again none of this helped me.

BUT, that doesn't mean that none or any of these things won't help anyone else. I obviously have a particularly stubborn strain of the virus and am hoping and crossing my fingers that my use of the Condylox works.

It's been proven that this is basically an immune system type virus that the healthier you are the better your chances of getting rid of it. So, it doesn't hurt to take vitamins, maybe excercise, drink lots of water. I saw quite a few different doctors about these stubborn things and one of the derms suggested combination therapy - like using Aldara and acid, or Condylox and freezing simultaneously. The only thing about that is double the pain.

Sorry to ramble, good luck, and hope that helps you some...

Old 01-18-2005, 11:14 PM   #5
(female)

angel_of_faith HB User

Hey Sickofit...How long have you had your warts...just curious...Sorry to be nosey

Old 01-19-2005, 07:12 AM   #6
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_of_faith
Hey Sickofit...How long have you had your warts...just curious...Sorry to be nosey
I've had my warts for just over a year and a half.

Last edited by sickofit; 01-19-2005 at 07:13 AM.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:37 PM   #7
(female)

angel_of_faith HB User

Hey Sickofit~
I just got diagnosed with warts today...and I did the "acid treatment"...how many treatments have you had of it and did it help you what so ever? Thanks for your time

Old 01-20-2005, 06:38 AM   #8
Veteran

sickofit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_of_faith
Hey Sickofit~
I just got diagnosed with warts today...and I did the "acid treatment"...how many treatments have you had of it and did it help you what so ever? Thanks for your time
I had about six months of acid treatments weekly. It didn't really help in the long term, meaning that after the treatment a few of them would go away for a week or two, but they'd come back. I did have success with using Aldara and acid together. Quite a few of my warts responded to that 'double' treatment and have been gone for about a year. I just have about 4 really, really stubborn ones that don't really seem to respond to treatment. I don't mean to scare you though, I've been told that most people respond well to acid and usually only take between 2 and 6 treatments. Good luck!

Old 01-20-2005, 05:00 PM   #9
(female)

br0wniecrombie HB User

I had the acid treatement done, 2 weeks later they all came back, got it done again and they came back, so i said forget this and went to a different doctor, they did the freeze treatment on me, which I think is better than the acid treatment, but I had to do like 4 treatments of that and ive been good ever since and its been like 4-5 months. My doctor told me that you can use the over the treatment "freeze Off" that they sell at walmart.
I have a question, can it take years for the symptons to show up? I heard it can take as little as 2 days to a few years. Thank you

Old 01-21-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
(female)

angel_of_faith HB User

br0wniecrombie...It took me a week to show the wart after I was exposed to it. I think it really depends on the person and what type of wart they have. I'm not sure if I am 100% correct on this so if anyone knows anything that i left out then please let me know. I can't wait till I get all of these warts off of me...they are so embarassing and frustrating. I just hope the "acid treatment" works on me Sickofit~was freezing the wart off more painful then the acid treatment?

Old 01-22-2005, 06:55 AM   #11

stacyt88 HB User

Angel of Faith - I had the acid treatment done (hurt like hell) and was clear for 1 1/2 years. I only had one treatment, now I'm having an outbreak again and don't want the acid done again - I just don't think I can tolerate that pain again. Childbirth wasn't that bad!!! Point is - mine cleared up and went away with one treatment, so it is possible that you won't need another for this round. Like all other postings, everyone is different.

I tried Aldera awhile back and saw no relief - is this something that takes awhile to work?? I gave up on it, but am thinking of trying again cause I still have some here at home. This is so frustrating!!!

Old 01-22-2005, 06:56 AM   #12

stacyt88 HB User

Can anyone tell me what is involved in freezing the warts off?? And is the "pain level" better than the acid treatment??

Old 01-22-2005, 07:45 AM   #13
Veteran

sickofit HB User

It's hard to answer whether the acid or freezing hurts more, because they're two totally different kinds of pain, I think anyway. But to try and answer your question, I thought that the freezing hurt more.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #14

stacyt88 HB User

Sickofit-
I just can't imagine anything hurting worse than the acid!!! It felt like I had literally been set on fire!!! So the freezing is a different kind of pain than that??

Old 01-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #15
Veteran

sickofit HB User

I really didn't think the acid hurt all that bad. I think it kind of stung for a minute and then I was a little irritated for a few days. Does your doc surround the wart with aloe or something like that? One time my doc forgot to put the aloe around and the acid ate away all my skin around the wart - now that hurt like hell and still hurt like hell for like a week and a half!!! The freezing really stings during and then for like five minutes after. I think everyone has different tolerances to different kinds of pain though... You may find the freezing better. If your doc doesn't use the aloe though, you should definately request it.

Closed Thread