It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #1

Lucky2323 HB User
Desperately Seeking Help!!! Pain while urinating, now possible STD??

I have a complicated story. I was diagnosed with HPV last year and began taking aldara to clear up my gential warts. After about six weeks of using the cream, I had a really bad reaction to the cream. The areas where I put the cream began to get really sore, and cause open sores, blisters, pain while urinating, and frequent urination. I thought for sure I had an STD because I had unprotected sex with a female. I went to the doctor, and he informed me that I had a bad reaction to the aldara. Since this reaction, I have had pain while urinating, including discharge of urine after peeing. After six more weeks, I went and saw a urologist and he put me on a cycle of doxycyline, and ciprofloxacin. This helped the pain subside, but after the cycle was over I still had pain while urinating. This eventually led to pain in my lower back, and kidneys. I went back to the urologist, and he diagnosed me with a possible bacterial or kidney infection. I had a blood test, and x-rays done which all came up normal. He then put me on another cycle of ciprofloxacin for two weeks. This has helped the pain in my sides go away, and the pain while urinating lessen, but not completely go away. About a week after taking the ciprofloxacin, I began to get a few painless red sores on my penis shaft. I immediately freaked out, and thought it was a possible herpes outbreak. The sores were not puss filled, and were tiny red sores that did not hurt, and were small. I also had an itching sensation in my genitals. After finishing the ciprofloxacin, the sores or rash went away. I am not sure if this was a possible herpes outbreak, or just an allergic reaction to the ciprofloxacin? I spoke to the girl I had unprotected sex with six months prior and she swears up and down that she has never had a herpes outbreak, or been diagnosed with herpes, and has been tested for it before. My question is is it possible I could have contacted herpes from her, and not had any symptoms for six months?, could the ciprofloxacin cause an allergic reaction such as red sores on my penis and itchiness (the cipro website says its possible to have a skin rash and itchiness to the medicine). Could a herpes outbreak cause my symptoms for six months (burning while urination, discharge after urinating, and pain in kidneys and side), or could this all be a urinary tract infection, or bacterial infection? Sorry for the long post, any advice is much appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 02:34 AM   #2

Lucky2323 HB User
Re: Desperately Seeking Help!!! Pain while urinating, now possible STD??

Another note I would like to add is I have been having unprotected sex with my new girlfriend who is has never been with anyone else, and she has had no symptoms or outbreaks, if I defintely had herpes or an std wouldn't she be showing signs of somekind during the past three months? Could the pain in my sides and urinating be caused by a urinary tract infection, bladder infection, or bacterial infection? And those sores I had on penis just a reaction to the Ciprofloxacin? Thanks

Old 01-03-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: Desperately Seeking Help!!! Pain while urinating, now possible STD??

I doubt you have herpes, but you should also not be having unprotected sex, especially since you are not 100% sure you are STD-free. Is she on birth control?? You are living a reckless life - having unprotected sex with multiple partners.

Closed Thread