It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
(male)

really scared!! HB User
Irritated meatus (pee hole)

I had unprotected sex in mid september. I developed a fungus from this encounter. The fungus was just a small spot at the base of the glans. After several weeks trying topical antifungals I went to the doctor and was given ketaconizole. This killed the fungus in two weeks.
Right about 3 months after the sexual encounter I started having this pain and minor redness around the meatus. I immediatley went to the doctor who didnt think anything was wrong but treated me for gonorea and chlamydia. They also took a culture. The lab results are not back yet since we are in a remote location.
Well about two weeks after being treated for those two stds my symptoms persisted. I went back to the doctor and after much discussion I got him to treat me for trich and yeast.
Now its been a week and a half and no relief.
The pee hole(meatus) is slightly swollen around the top and also slightly red. It feels worse than it looks. Underware really irritate it.
I have no discharge that I can see.
Another thing that I have noticed since the sexual encounter is that during an erection the top portion of the meatus is not closed. It is always open during an erection. This is the area that is irritated all the time.
I was given rocephin, azithromiacyn, flagyl and duflican.
When the lab results come back I will know if I was ever even infected but since the treatment didnt work is it safe to say that I have nothing infectious?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
(female)

HollyGoLightly HB User
Re: Irritated meatus (pee hole)

Quote:
Originally Posted by really scared!!
When the lab results come back I will know if I was ever even infected but since the treatment didnt work is it safe to say that I have nothing infectious?
Well, no, you could still have an STD that is caused by a virus (like herpes). Antibiotics don't do anything to treat viral infections.

Old 01-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #3
(male)

really scared!! HB User

Good point.
Would HSV present like this.
3months after encounter.
No bumps or blisters or scabs.
Last for a month.

I did get my labs back. They only tested for Gonnorea and Chlamydia. Both negative.
Cortizone 10 seems to reduce the redness and puffiness.
Bacitracin seems to ease the slight pinching feeling.
I only started these two in the last 2 or 3 days.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
(female)

HollyGoLightly HB User

I don't know, you could ask on the herpes board. You could also have a herpes test. I'd stop putting different medicines on it, if you don't know what you have. Maybe you don't have anything, but you keep irritating it by touching and poking and prodding. Some people also get some OCD issues after unprotected sex, don't know if that describes you, but it is something to think about.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:15 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

mail04 HB User

i had the same problem and it turned out to be a narrow urethra.took 6 months of hell to figure out. Had surgery and for most part its cleared up. still a little red but dosnt hurt anymore. i suggest bring up this possiabilty with your doc, seeing as i went through every test and treament imagineable before gettin it right

Old 01-16-2005, 03:56 AM   #6
(male)

really scared!! HB User

Thanks for the responses.
I am in Iraq and cant really go to the urologist. I will as soon as I get home. How did they figure out you had a problem with your urethra?

Old 01-19-2005, 04:02 PM   #7

JOB517 HB User

Reiters syndrome causes all the syptoms named above!

It is an auto immune response to a bacterial STD. The body doesnt know the bacteria is dead so its still attacking. The penis is a mucous membrane and this syndrome attacks the mucous membranes and joints!

Old 01-20-2005, 04:40 AM   #8
(male)

really scared!! HB User

Makes sense, but it looks like I never had an STD.
I dont have any other symptoms.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:01 AM   #9
(male)

mranxiety HB User

Really Scared:

Sounds like you and I suffer from the same issue.

I've been tested for every STD on this planet (at least 3 .. up to 8 times). All negative (Chlamydia / Gono / Syph / HSV1 2 / HIV 1 2 / HEP ABC)

No one can figure out what's wrong w/ me. I have this redness / inflamation at the meatus. There are days when I notice a red streak starting at the tip and runs along the head. Two years ago, I could not stop urinating (every 15 mins). It burned.. but no discharge. My doc gave my Doxy for 10 days.. the pain went away but then return a week later. More meds.. same results.

Has your condition been diagnosed? Is it fungal? I'm curious to know considering I've tested for all bacteria and viral infections. When I raise the concern about Candida.. my ID doctors say its not a disease or concern.

I'm now having some liver issues and believe it may have to due w/ this problem / disease.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Old 01-22-2005, 05:35 AM   #10
(male)

really scared!! HB User

I dont know what the hell it is!
Funny thing is that after a wet dream two nights ago it has really improved. I am thinking it is a prostate infection of some sort and my docs here dont recognize the only symptom I have. I guess there is such a thing as nonbacterial prostate infections.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:25 AM   #11
(male)

mranxiety HB User

Really:

I've been there at 3 or 4 times (prostate exam)... the docs tell me everything is OK. I'm very sick right now... nausea and weak and very dry (mouth/throat).

I'm going to an Endocrinologist this week to see if its an endocrine issue. This has been an exhausting experience. I'll let you know if they discover anything.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:47 AM   #12
(male)

penispain66 HB User
Unhappy Re: Irritated meatus (pee hole)

Oh man, I have the EXACT same issue. same conditions, same timeframe, same everything.....Redness around tip of penis. Starts at the meatus and extends down middle of penis head. Have been tested for all STDs, all negative. been on doxycyline, flagyl, augmentin, diflucan and now levaquin...i then started getting pain under my scrotum....urologist thinks it might be prostatitis....prostate exam shows a very slightly enlarged prostate, but then i got a second opinion and that urologist said it was normal......levaquin seemed to get rid of the scrotal discomfort for the most part, but i still have this somewhat pinching penis head with red irritated skin...sex is sometimes uncomfortable, and afterwards, i get these tiny little patches of really red skin, especially around the rim....this all started after sex and then getting some folliculitis on the penis shaft the next day....my penis head immediately got red and has been that way for over 2 months....i've tried anti-fungals (nystatin, lotrimin), antibacterial ointment, hydracortizone cream with no help....dermatologist said it looked like normal skin....i just don't understand....it's starting to drive me nuts....reading about prostatitis scares the hell out of me....there are several sites out there ....they say this is VERY hard to get rid of, if at all.....if you find any answers, PLEASE post....thanks

Old 02-01-2005, 07:04 PM   #13

jman21 HB User

penispain66
i have been in pain for about 5 months
the tip and rim of the of my penis looks as if there is a skin irritation, urologist said (looks normal to me) but i have a lot of pain
i have testicle and groin pain. small sharp pains here and there
i have taken every antiboitic, spent everydime i have to get answers
urologist said it might be prostatitis (that was 5 months ago)
now he wants x-rays and to stick a camera in there but i don't have the money to pay
so now he told me to go to county and they will help me
after i give him all my money
all have to say to anyone about this is if they say that it is this or that spend the extra money and get a test or have him look inside.
i took the urologist word for it and now i have allmost lost everything due to the stress and pain. i am going to county tonight and not leaving untill they tell me what i want to hear
hope i have something good to say tomorrow

Old 02-02-2005, 06:31 AM   #14
(male)

penispain66 HB User

How did yours start? what do you think caused it? i have the same symptoms....the penis tip pain and slight redness where the urologist says everything looks normal....but it isn't....testicular pain....tons of antibiotics....the only thing i can find that wouldn't be killed by the dozens of antibiotics that i've been on is prostatitis.....let me know if you find anything out...good luck today

Old 02-02-2005, 11:54 AM   #15

jman21 HB User

i had unprotected sex
i didn't finish and it felt like i had reall bad blue balls. my stomach and abdomen really hurt then it went away that night
the next day and for the next few weeks my testicles felt sore. the tip didn't hurt or anything before the sharpe pain
so a month after i had unprotected sex, i masterbated and i did it again a few hours later then i had a really sharpe pain, since then the pain hasen't went away. the uro said i had a uti and now he said it is gone but, i still have pain! everyday i regret and really feel depressed because i can't fix this. i wish you more luck than i have had.

did your's start with a sharpe pain?
did you have unprotected sex?
went i wake up in the morning i feel normal but as soon and i get up and the i began to think about it i feel the pain.
i'm 21 years old and i can't live like this for much longer
SOMEONE FIX ME!!!!

Closed Thread